*OFFICIAL* 4-30 Backbreaking Walks CLE 5 SOX 3 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 4-30 Backbreaking Walks CLE 5 SOX 3 Postgamer

Both walks in the third inning came around to score, and that was the difference in the final score.

Let’s score more runs for Lynn tomorrow and Giolito on Sunday, and win the series.

Comment

The Sox battled, keeping pressure on Bieber all game and eventually chasing him after 6 innings, which is an impressive feat. It’s too bad Keuchel had that one bout of wildness because other than that he pitched pretty well. We knew going into the game that a win would be tough and that’s the way it played out.

If I’m Rick Hahn I’m calling every team in the league to see if they want Leury Garcia, because this is getting ridiculous. I know the Sox probably would have lost anyway, but it seems TLR just can’t help himself.

Comment

Wasn't expecting to win tonight. Shocking they got three runs off Bieber. You know for a team that is supposed to have trouble offensively the Indians are hanging in there, hanging around. I wouldn't sell them short, good pitching can take you a long way. At least the Royals lost. The Sox end the month three over and a winning record. If they can do that every month, they'll be 18 over and probably in the playoffs. I'll take it.

Comment

A couple things:

I am wondering why TLR again batted Garcia down two with a man on first in the 9th inning. You need a two run home run, Garcia isn't much of a long ball threat.

Also has anyone else seen this. Tonight on Twitter a fan posted a video off their TV of Indians closer James Karinchak. Before delivering a pitch he touched the two or three fingers of his pitching hand to the fingers of his glove. The fan claimed he was doing this every time, the inference being that he may be doctoring the baseball. Have no idea, maybe this is just a quirk of his.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
            A couple things:

I am wondering why TLR again batted Garcia down two with a man on first in the 9th inning. You need a two run home run, Garcia isn't much of a long ball threat.

Also has anyone else seen this. Tonight on Twitter a fan posted a video off their TV of Indians closer James Karinchak. Before delivering a pitch he touched the two or three fingers of his pitching hand to the fingers of his glove. The fan claimed he was doing this every time, the inference being that he may be doctoring the baseball. Have no idea, maybe this is just a quirk of his.
            I didn't like it, either. I didn't agree with putting Leury in in the first place. I'd rather have Lamb at the dish.

Comment

Originally posted by Krs1 View Post

I didn't like it, either. I didn't agree with putting Leury in in the first place. I'd rather have Lamb at the dish.
              La Russa’s explanation for batting Leury there is infuriating.

https://twitter.com/jrfegan/status/1...232395266?s=21

I really think that La Russa thinks that because Leury can hit left-handed, he has a better shot against RHP than Vaughn. Someone needs to put Leury’s career platoon splits in front of La Russa’s face to show him that Leury has NEVER been good against RHP. Even if he is looking for a single (which I also disagree with) Leury is not more likely to get a single than Vaughn.

I usually don’t like to blame the manager, because managing usually is not the reason for wins or losses. But some of these decisions are completely indefensible.

Comment

A couple things:

He’s not much of a threat to hit a single either.

Comment

Bieber can be so dominant, but had an off night, so runs were scored . i hoping that Michael Kopech, when he gets stretched out and some innings under him, can be our version of Shane Bieber.

Comment

This game was effectively our fourth or fifth best starting pitcher, against their Cy Young ace.

Their starter went 6 innings and gave up 3 runs. Our starter went 6 and gave up 4, including 3 in an inning in which he gave up a hit to the 9 hitter and then walked the 1 and 2 hitters in the Cleveland lineup.

Comment

A loss is a loss, and this was a bad time for a loss given the standings, but it is impressive that they scored 3 runs off Bieber. I guess it was nice for Keuchel, who has clearly been our worst starter this year, to not give up anything else after allowing the game-deciding big inning.
                      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                      -- Thucydides

Comment

The pitching matchups the next two games favor the Sox. The forecast temperatures and wind favor the Sox. Anything can happen, but I like our chances.

Comment

I'm actually not too concerned about this loss. We kept Bieber off balance for most of the night and did well against one of the best starters in baseball. Keuchel has effectively been our 5th starter this season as his ERA and FIP are both up, his K/9 is down, and he's walking more batters. He's been worth -0.2 WAR this season. We basically had our worst starter against their best. TLR's decisions with Leury still baffle me.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me. Pitchers doctoring baseballs is a tale as old as time. They've been doing it since the game's inception. Players will take any advantage they can if they can get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Krs1 View Post

Or Collins if you have to go L/R..
                              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                              X