Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 4-29 DH Game 1 Rodon Rides Again SOX DET 1 Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *OFFICIAL* 4-29 DH Game 1 Rodon Rides Again SOX DET 1 Postgamer

    I think Rodon might be the real deal.

  • #2
    This is the Carlos Rodon that i have been waiting a long time for . better late than never . he is pitching like the ace of the staff.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sox Twitter is something else. People don't care what Lamb, Hamilton and Garcia did. They didn't want them up there in the first place, and the process apparently outweighs results now. I guess some people just enjoy being miserable if things aren't set up exactly as they want them.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Harwar View Post
        This is the Carlos Rodon that i have been waiting a long time for . better late than never . he is pitching like the ace of the staff.
        I agree, he's the ace of the team right now. It's unbelievable. If at the midpoint of the season he's still pitching like a stud, then they should offer him an extension. Dude is making me eat crow and I love it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by blurry View Post

          I agree, he's the ace of the team right now. It's unbelievable. If at the midpoint of the season he's still pitching like a stud, then they should offer him an extension. Dude is making me eat crow and I love it.
          I for one never gave up on him, just wanted to see what he could do when healthy. Lets just hope he can stay healthy.

          Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

          Comment


          • #6
            Rodon pitching like an ace. Lynn comes back on Saturday and this rotation is suddenly looking very formidable. On a side note, it was really nice to see Leury Garcia finally come through with a big hit. He has looked absolutely lost this year. He's a career .254 hitter so he's certainly better than what he's shown. Hopefully, this gets him going. Also, Jake Lamb had a double, a walk, and a run scored today. Nice to see the subs contributing to a win.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm curious, as to why Abreu replaced Lamb at 1st for the 7th. I didn't get to see the game and there was nothing noted in the plays section on gameday.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                Sox Twitter is something else. People don't care what Lamb, Hamilton and Garcia did. They didn't want them up there in the first place, and the process apparently outweighs results now. I guess some people just enjoy being miserable if things aren't set up exactly as they want them.
                Yeah I could care less how the win comes about as long as we get it. It's always huge to win the first game of a DH and hopefully the offense can take some of the pressure off of themselves in game 2 and put up some big runs. Miggy helped us tremendously by booting Hamilton's grounder. Good teams take advantage and we did.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jcw218 View Post
                  I'm curious, as to why Abreu replaced Lamb at 1st for the 7th. I didn't get to see the game and there was nothing noted in the plays section on gameday.
                  I didn't quite understand that move either. Lamb has only 44 career games at 1B and was primarily a 3B most of his career. I'm gonna guess it was a defensive replacement but it was a risky one in such a close game. If they had tied it up, we would have lost our DH. I guess LaRussa decided to err on the side of a little extra defensive experience.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Foulke You View Post
                    If they had tied it up, we would have lost our DH. I guess LaRussa decided to err on the side of a little extra defensive experience.
                    Don't give them a chance to tie it up. Bring in your closer, bring in your best defensive first baseman, make it difficult for them. Worked out just fine.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Foulke You View Post

                      I didn't quite understand that move either. Lamb has only 44 career games at 1B and was primarily a 3B most of his career. I'm gonna guess it was a defensive replacement but it was a risky one in such a close game. If they had tied it up, we would have lost our DH. I guess LaRussa decided to err on the side of a little extra defensive experience.
                      Looked at MLB to see who was pitching tonight, and see that the Sox already played a seven-inning game, which apparently counts, although for some reason, MLB isn't showing anything on what is supposed to be a second game.

                      Anyway, the defensive replacement move is easy to understand and makes a lot of sense. La Russa would rather have Abreu on the field defensively. He probably is more familiar with Lamb's defense at first than with Abreu's, but he's seen a lot of both. Losing the DH isn't really relevant because you have that runner-on-second thing to begin innings, making it less likely that you'll get back to Lamb's spot in the order. You are going to be using one-inning relievers if you do, so pinch-hitting isn't an issue, especially with the likes of Robert and Mercedes and even Madrigal on the bench.

                      Bring in your closer with a two-run lead, inducing a ground ball to Abreu who Hendrik has probably done more with with in pitchers' fielding practice (don't recall if that was the last out) and it works according to plan.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TDog View Post

                        Looked at MLB to see who was pitching tonight, and see that the Sox already played a seven-inning game, which apparently counts, although for some reason, MLB isn't showing anything on what is supposed to be a second game.

                        Anyway, the defensive replacement move is easy to understand and makes a lot of sense. La Russa would rather have Abreu on the field defensively. He probably is more familiar with Lamb's defense at first than with Abreu's, but he's seen a lot of both. Losing the DH isn't really relevant because you have that runner-on-second thing to begin innings, making it less likely that you'll get back to Lamb's spot in the order. You are going to be using one-inning relievers if you do, so pinch-hitting isn't an issue, especially with the likes of Robert and Mercedes and even Madrigal on the bench.

                        Bring in your closer with a two-run lead, inducing a ground ball to Abreu who Hendrik has probably done more with with in pitchers' fielding practice (don't recall if that was the last out) and it works according to plan.
                        Rain delay, should start soon.
                        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The way Rodon is pitching he's going to earn himself a monster free agent deal with someone next season.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                            The way Rodon is pitching he's going to earn himself a monster free agent deal with someone next season.
                            The way he signed with the White Sox after he was non-tendered last offseason, I wouldn't be surprised if he agreed to an extension this summer.

                            He really has been the best White Sox pitcher this season. He's pitched on some long rest. How he deals with the grind of more regular work will be telling. A lot of starters wither in August. His chances of big free-agent money could rest on coming up big in a postseason run, He's had so many years as a disappointment that he'll need to put together a stellar season and impressive postseason to get a monster contract.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

                              I for one never gave up on him, just wanted to see what he could do when healthy. Lets just hope he can stay healthy.
                              I gave up on his ability to stay healthy, not his ability to pitch 😃

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X