• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 4-24-21 Smallball Nicky Walkoff Winner SOX 2 TEX 1 Postgamer

How about that one? We’re 11-9 now.

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
    How about that one? We’re 11-9 now.
    Don't stop now boys.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Could have been a prettier ninth inning, but I'll take the walkoff!

Comment

Comment

We’re 6-4 in the last 10. Keep up that pace and we’ll win 97 games.

Comment

The Sox have shown the ability to win a slugfest, but tonight they won a low scoring game with a walkoff. That should breed confidence in the rest of the hitters.

Comment

Twins lost. Indians lost.

White Sox are alone in second place, 1.5 games behind the Royals.

2.5 games up on the Indians, 3.5 games up on the Twins.
              "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
              -- Thucydides

Comment

Kopech just announced as tomorrow’s starter.

Comment

Love it when Madrigal shuts up the naysayers and confounds the stat geeks. That kid is gold with two strikes.

His focus on contact makes him my favorite Sox batter with a runner on third and less than two outs. There's no one I trust more to get the runner home.

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                    Uh oh. Let the speculation about Giolito's health begin.
                    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                    -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
                      Love it when Madrigal shuts up the naysayers and confounds the stat geeks. That kid is gold with two strikes.

His focus on contact makes him my favorite Sox batter with a runner on third and less than two outs. There's no one I trust more to get the runner home.
                      The problem is he often comes up to bat with a runner at first and two outs, and there's pretty much no chance he drives that runner in. At best he continues the inning so TA gets a chance, but that is a lot of steps with 2 outs.

That ball he hit to win the game today, though, would probably be a triple if the game had continued. But that's a function of how rarely he lifts a ball like that, the outfielders would have played deeper if he did it with any regularity.
                      -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                        Interesting. Both Giolito and Rodon could go. Perhaps the idea is to give them extra rest. Hopefully Kopech can go four innings, score a bunch of runs, and then turn it over to the bullpen.

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post

Uh oh. Let the speculation about Giolito's health begin.
                          LaRussa was quoted as saying he’ll start Tuesday.

Comment

My kind of game !!

Comment

Nicky Two Strikes burns the Rangers again for playing shallow.

Good outing from Keuchel (only 2 K's, but that's not his game), and good defense, especially putting Hamilton in left in the 7th. Surprised that the Rangers sent Calhoun on a pretty sharp single, and even though Hamilton's throw was a bit off the line, more than enough time for Grandal to reach across and nail Calhoun.

Only guy with multiple hits tonight? Moncada, who is really benefitting from getting out of the cleanup spot, now hitting .429 in the 3 hole. Robert reaches base again (and scores the winning run), which is 18 out of the 20 games this season (Mercedes's success is really overshadowing how consistent Robert has been).
                              I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Working...
                              X