Lynn to IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

Well Burdi got some work in today and the results were predictible.
    What the **** does this mean? Oh wait, every reliever that comes into a game should end up with all 0's in their stat line. I forgot that's the criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobo View Post

What the **** does this mean? Oh wait, every reliever that comes into a game should end up with all 0's in their stat line. I forgot that's the criteria.
      Especially in a game that is already out of hand where his job is to just get the ball over the plate. He did his job by covering 3 innings, and the bullpen escaped the game with the only guys getting taxed being Burdi and Ruiz.

Comment

It means he's 26, the times he's come up have generally not ended well AND he can't stay healthy. There were questions when the Sox took a relief pitcher in the first round, I didn't know enough to comment one way or the other at the time but it appears those who were questioning that move are being proven correct.

That's what it means.

Comment

It means he's 26, the times he's come up have generally not ended well AND he can't stay healthy. There were questions when the Sox took a relief pitcher in the first round, I didn't know enough to comment one way or the other at the time but it appears those who were questioning that move are being proven correct.

That's what it means.
          The times he's come up.....before today, isn't that just one other time?

"Being proven correct" after a grand total of 10.1 IP in the majors. Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSoxMMV View Post

The times he's come up.....before today, isn't that just one other time?

"Being proven correct" after a grand total of 10.1 IP in the majors. Got it.
            Exactly. The only people “proven correct” would be those who would have predicted before the 2016 draft that Burdi would need TJ surgery and have an abnormally slow recovery/rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

Exactly. The only people “proven correct” would be those who would have predicted before the 2016 draft that Burdi would need TJ surgery and have an abnormally slow recovery/rehab.
              Plus a once-in-century pandemic that set back pretty much all prospects about a year due to the 2020 minor league season being wiped out entirely.

I'm not saying that he's a sure thing to be a success by any means, but we shouldn't write off prospects after a handful of major league games either

Comment

There's a gap between 0s and a 6 ERA. That performance wasn't up to spiff under any measure. If he's the best depth piece the Sox have in the minors, then.....
                Last edited by Tragg; 04-20-2021, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tragg View Post
                  There's a gap between 0s and a 6 ERA. That performance wasn't up to spiff under any measure. If he's the best depth piece the Sox have in the minors, then what they heck have they been doing the last 2, 3 5, etc. years?
                  They've been developing guys like Bummer, Heuer, Foster, Crochet, and Kopech (not to mention Fry, Cordero, and Ruiz). There very well could be other guys to step up this year like Lambert, Johnson, Kincanon, Kubat, or Freeman; we just haven't been able to witness most of their development in over a year.

The ability of the Sox to develop bullpen arms is really not a point of criticism.

Comment

That's what it means.
                    And that's all that matters to those people. It's tiring.

Comment

Working...
                    X