Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 4-17-21 Too Many Baked Beans BOS 7 SOX 4 Postgamer

The home plate umpire was terrible.

Sox hitters are terrible right now, too.

Ruiz is hot garbage.

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
    The home plate umpire was terrible.

Sox hitters are terrible right now, too.

Ruiz is hot garbage.
    The umpire isn't responsible for going 2-12 with runners in scoring position.

The good news? The game was tied in the 8th inning so it's not considered another blown lead.

The bad news? This "great" bullpen imploded yet again.

It's going to be a long season again me thinks.

Comment

Another close game late and which team blinks first? The one who can't handle pressure at all. Pathetic.

Not really hopeful for tomorrow given we haven't won a 7 inning game yet. Team will probably come out tight from start. I don't blame the umpire for the loss but some of those calls were brutal. Benetti really gave it to him on the sac fly for not making the safe signal once TA touched the plate. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
        Another close game late and which team blinks first? The one who can't handle pressure at all. Pathetic.

Not really hopeful for tomorrow given we haven't won a 7 inning game yet. Team will probably come out tight from start. I don't blame the umpire for the loss but some of those calls were brutal. Benetti really gave it to him on the sac fly for not making the safe signal once TA touched the plate. Yikes.
        Not that it matters but I'm pretty sure that TA touched the plate with his hand on the slide and didn't have to go back and step on it, the ump still hasn't made a call on the play. Maybe the cold weather scrambled his brain.
        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

At some point in time (as in years past) the excuses are going to run out.

Oh it's early...
          Oh the weather is to cold...
          Oh the umpires are bad...
          Oh it's the injuries...
          Oh it's the cheating Cleveland Indians...

Bottom line, this team is expected to win, they still have a great deal of talent (even with the shortcoming because of what the GM decided not to do this off season), and they aren't winning.

Worse they don't look like they are improving...still can't drive in runs (2-12 today), bullpen still can't perform in the late innings, defense and fundamentals are still poor.

Like I said sooner rather than later the excuses will have to stop and reality is going to set in, White Sox fans can't have nice things.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
            At some point in time (as in years past) the excuses are going to run out.

Oh it's early...
            Oh the weather is to cold...
            Oh the umpires are bad...
            Oh it's the injuries...
            Oh it's the cheating Cleveland Indians...

Bottom line, this team is expected to win, they still have a great deal of talent (even with the shortcoming because of what the GM decided not to do this off season), and they aren't winning.

Worse they don't look like they are improving...still can't drive in runs (2-12 today), bullpen still can't perform in the late innings, defense and fundamentals are still poor.

Like I said sooner rather than later the excuses will have to stop and reality is going to set in, White Sox fans can't have nice things.
            True, but it’s much too cold and early to worry about it yet.

FYI, coming into today’s game the Sox were 5th in runs scored, second in runs allowed and second in run differential in the AL.
            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

True, but it’s much too cold and early to worry about it yet.

FYI, coming into today’s game the Sox were 5th in runs scored, second in runs allowed and second in run differential in the AL.
              That's because the runs scored numbers are skewed somewhat because when they do score, they score a lot, five games with 6+ runs.

To me this stat is more relevant with all due respect, Sox now 9-18 over their last 27 games (counting playoffs) going back to last season, after starting I think 31-15…though most of those wins were against the worst teams in the league.

I agree, it's early but the warning signs are clearly out there that this team has some serious issues to figure out and frankly I don't know if they can. And to be fair other teams don't seem to be having the same issues with the cold are they?
              Last edited by Lipman 1; 04-17-2021, 08:07 PM.

Comment

That's because the runs scored numbers are skewed somewhat because when they do score, they score a lot, five games with 6+ runs.

To me this stat is more relevant with all due respect, Sox now 9-18 over their last 27 games (counting playoffs) going back to last season, after starting I think 31-15…though most of those wins were against the worst teams in the league.

I agree, it's early but the warning signs are clearly out there that this team has some serious issues to figure out and frankly I don't know if they can. And to be fair other teams don't seem to be having the same issues with the cold are they?
                Why even bother. Let’s just pack it in now. There’s going to be labor impasse anyway. We might as well give up baseball forever and become monks. Contract the team and give the 1906, 1917, and 2005 championships to the Cubs. I think I’ll go slit my wrists.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

Why even bother. Let’s just pack it in now. There’s going to be labor impasse anyway. We might as well give up baseball forever and become monks. Contract the team and give the 1906, 1917, and 2005 championships to the Cubs. I think I’ll go slit my wrists.
                  Frater: The numbers don't lie, like it or not. NOBODY wants this team to have a good season more than me. I'm tired of watching the 61 games in my library from as far back as 1981 over and over but this team does not look good in a lot of areas, the GM didn't provide the depth they badly needed and they play in a "man's league" i.e. the American League. Like I said the umpires didn't cause them to go 2-12 today with runners in scoring position.

Those are the facts.

And regarding the labor situation I only know what I read, the players are pissed, they are sounding the war-drums and I think they mean it and are going to go to the wall because they are tired of the owners taking advantage of them.

Comment

With the exception of the Rockies, Dodgers and Red Sox, 27 teams in MLB are pretty much within two games of each other.

Time to step away from the ledge.

Comment

Wondering why the eighth man in the bullpen would be called on to dig Heuer out in a one run game with two runners on. But who am I to second guess a Hall of Famer.
                      “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

"If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

Comment

Yes, squandering opps loom large, thus far. The opps are there, just some cold bats. Need to grab these wins early, and I suspect we will once some guys warm up.

Also, yes, I do think the umpiring was terribly lopsided, especially late. How many ABs can a guy affect? Not much more than tonight, that I’ve seen. **** yeah, I’m pissed.

Comment

Sox relievers are now 2-7 with a 4.90 ERA.

TLR again defended the bullpen after the game which you'd be shocked if he did something other than that, he's not going to throw them under the bus risking the team turning on him giving everything that happened this off season.

But he also didn't address bringing in Ruiz either.

Comment

Frater: The numbers don't lie, like it or not. NOBODY wants this team to have a good season more than me. I'm tired of watching the 61 games in my library from as far back as 1981 over and over but this team does not look good in a lot of areas, the GM didn't provide the depth they badly needed and they play in a "man's league" i.e. the American League. Like I said the umpires didn't cause them to go 2-12 today with runners in scoring position.

Those are the facts.

And regarding the labor situation I only know what I read, the players are pissed, they are sounding the war-drums and I think they mean it and are going to go to the wall because they are tired of the owners taking advantage of them.
                            Oh, I agree. It’s important to continue restarting all these horrible statistics and reports, so that we can all be miserable 24-7. We wouldn’t want anyone to find any joy in baseball, ever.

Comment

The Sox are currently 6-8. The Twins are currently 6-8. Unless you are particularly worried about the Royals running away with the division, the sky is not falling.

We're less than 3 weeks into a 6-month season, and there is plenty of time for things to turn around. It would be nice to see the Sox executing better in the early going and building up a lead in the standings, and yes they are going to need to start playing better at some point, but they are not out of anything and they're far from the only team that has struggled so far. The Yankees, supposedly the best team in the AL, have the worst record in the league at 5-9 and if I was a betting man I would still bet money that they would go to the playoffs, along with the Sox.

Comment

Working...
                              X