* Official Bombs Away Sox 10 Seattle 4 postgamer *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• * Official Bombs Away Sox 10 Seattle 4 postgamer *

Abreu with a big 4-run homer late to put the game away.

Back to back games with 15+Ks

The big man with a big night, five RBI's to break open a close game. Second grand slam in six games.

Giolito with 10 strikeouts, only had that one inning where they got to him.

Considering how they looked in Anaheim, nice to win the series on the road.

Only downer was Marshall looking shaky again. Lost his control in that second inning of work.

Would be even nicer to come home off a 4-3 road trip.

We'll see what happens Wednesday afternoon.

Comment

Nice to see some bats come to life, Collins, Vaughn, Robert and Madrigal all had good games with the stick. More encouraging was Collins did it off a LHP to start, Robert was laying off sliders to take the walk right before Abreu's granny and Vaughn even laid off some low pitches on the way to two walks and an opposite field double.

Signs of life...

Back to .500

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Oh and Abreu currently on pace to hit 20 grand slams this year. Yes that would be a record. In fact the career record is 25 by ARoid. I'm actually sad. I still thought it was Gehrig at 23...
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

I thought Collins would not get more than two starts behind the plate (other than emergencies), and that he couldn’t hit LHP. 😂

Seriously, it’s nice to hit homers when runners are on base.

Comment

The Sox continue the trend from last year of beating up on bad teams and left-handed pitching. Yes they’re going to need to start beating better teams, but if they continue to take care of business against the teams they should beat, they’ll be in the hunt for a playoff spot all season. There are a lot of bad teams out there.

Some players, when they make mistakes their team is able to pitch around them and no damage is done. That never seems to happen with Madrigal. It’s uncanny how every one of his errors seems to end up in a big inning.

I couldn’t stay up for the end of this one - there are only so many days I can stay up past 1 am EST on a weeknight. Thankfully that was the last one for awhile.

3-0 this season vs LH starters, 9-3 vs right-handed starters. Let’s hope that trend ends today.

Comment

Moncada had 2 walks which is nice to see. I think he has the talent to be an OBP machine.

Comment

One nitpick...again with the defense. Really thought Vaughn should have caught the fly ball in the 3rd. However all's well that ends well. I still think Jose is the most underappreciated player in baseball. Even though he's looked somewhat inconsistent so far he still gets his RBI's. To think that we could possibly come away from this trip with a winning record is kind of astounding.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
                  One nitpick...again with the defense. Really thought Vaughn should have caught the fly ball in the 3rd. However all's well that ends well. I still think Jose is the most underappreciated player in baseball. Even though he's looked somewhat inconsistent so far he still gets his RBI's. To think that we could possibly come away from this trip with a winning record is kind of astounding.
                  I don’t think it’s very reasonable to expect Vaughn to make that catch. Sure, a good LF could make it, but Vaughn has something like 5 games at the position in his career. Madrigal’s bobble, on the other hand, was really unacceptable. At least it didn’t cost us the game this time.

Comment

For whatever reason, the Sox historically play like garbage in Anaheim. The umpires gifted the Angels the equivalent of multiple runs in that series with their consistently pro-Angels and pro-Ohtani strike zone. And yet the Sox had to play abysmal defense and blow two saves just to allow the Angels to win the series.

The Sox are a flawed team, with players who are struggling. They are not firing on all cylinders. But they are .500 on the road, with a chance to sweep a road series and come home 4-3.

And so what if Seattle isn’t that good? Feasting on bad teams beats the alternative, right?

And as much as Mercedes won’t hit .565 this season, the fielding and Moncada’s bat should progress to the mean.

Comment

Don't look now but the Sox are just 1.0 games out of first place. I hope they can sweep Seattle and then carry the momentum into a big series against the first place Royals.
                      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                      -- Thucydides

Comment

It's nice to win, but the reality of the position this team is in is that this is an expected win. We sweep these games, and it doesn't move the needle. We lose even one, and it's cause for concern. We need to win all these and play better than we have against good teams. If we don't do both of those things, we fail. The goal isn't improvement. It's playoffs. And that's what will need to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                          Don't look now but the Sox are just 1.0 games out of first place. I hope they can sweep Seattle and then carry the momentum into a big series against the first place Royals.
                          This made me LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                            For whatever reason, the Sox historically play like garbage in Anaheim. The umpires gifted the Angels the equivalent of multiple runs in that series with their consistently pro-Angels and pro-Ohtani strike zone. And yet the Sox had to play abysmal defense and blow two saves just to allow the Angels to win the series.
                            Yeah that's BS. It's hard to give a consistent zone from one pitcher to the other when one of the catchers drives his glove away from the plate on balls on the corners and then bringing it back after the fact. You can't blame the ump for Collins' framing. Collins cost Lynn that game.

The Ohtani game seemed like a really consistent zone, even if it wasn't a perfect zone.
                            Last edited by vegandork; 04-07-2021, 09:26 AM.

Comment

The defensive struggles are really concerning, especially from Madrigal. In order for him to be an above average MLB player, he needs to be almost perfect on the bases and in the field and thus far he has been far from perfect.

It was great to see Giolito have such a good outing when he didn't have his best fastball, though I wonder if the gun was off.

Comment

Working...
                              X