White Sox to get new "City Connect" uniforms in 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Sox to get new "City Connect" uniforms in 2021

Nike announced their new City Connect uniforms, which will roll out over the next several seasons and will be similar in theme to what they've introduced in the NBA and NFL. The first team to don the new uniforms will be the Red Sox during their series against the White Sox later this month.

"We will see the six other teams unveil their City Connect uniforms in the coming months and while no dates have yet been set for when they will be unveiled, we do know when they will make their on-field d├ębuts. The Miami Marlins will debut theirs on May 21st, the White Sox on June 5th, the Cubs on June 12th, the Diamondbacks on June 18th, the Giants on July 9th, and the Los Angeles Dodgers will finish things off sometime in late August."

https://news.sportslogos.net/2021/04...2021/baseball/

I cannot overstate how much I hate this idea. I also don't get why MLB would take some of their most recognizable brands and make them completely unrecognizable.

Comment

Hint---never do anything the NBA does.

Comment

Boston's are hideous, I suspect the Sox will be as well.

Comment

Stupid.

Comment

The Boston jerseys are designed to look like the Boston Marathon finish line. I don't hate them. They look better than the hideous blue and gray road uniform the Red Sox wore for years, which traditionalists went ga-ga over.

This is a one-day gimmick and not worth getting mad over.
            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
            -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
              Boston's are hideous
              Worse than hideous. You are being charitable.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-4
              All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 295-251
              Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                The Boston jerseys are designed to look like the Boston Marathon finish line. I don't hate them. They look better than the hideous blue and gray road uniform the Red Sox wore for years, which traditionalists went ga-ga over.

Generally agree but I am tired on the whole of the Sox incorporating red into their branding. We should not have the same colors as the team from the North side. Can only hope these unis don't keep that going.

Comment

Originally posted by whitesox5187 View Post
                  I cannot overstate how much I hate this idea. I also don't get why MLB would take some of their most recognizable brands and make them completely unrecognizable.
                  Isn't that what the commissioner has been doing to the actual game?

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post

Generally agree but I am tired on the whole of the Sox incorporating red into their branding. We should not have the same colors as the team from the North side. Can only hope these unis don't keep that going.
                    I hate the red jerseys the Sox used to wear but a lot of people here grew up watching the Sox play in those and consider them classic.
                    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                    -- Thucydides

Comment

Anybody who didn't see this garbage coming when Nike took over the uniform contract is completely blind. Like Nike's designers.

Comment

I hate the red jerseys the Sox used to wear but a lot of people here grew up watching the Sox play in those and consider them classic.
                        It wasn't red, it was red pinstripes...big difference in my opinion and yes they were a classic look.

Comment

Originally posted by eriqjaffe View Post
                          Anybody who didn't see this garbage coming when Nike took over the uniform contract is completely blind. Like Nike's designers.
                          Most of these alternate uniforms are really just an excuse to sell merchandise, but who is going to want to buy these? If you're a fan of the White Sox, Red Sox, or whoever else is getting these, aren't you more likely to put your money down for the jersey most people associate with the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

It wasn't red, it was red pinstripes...big difference in my opinion and yes they were a classic look.
                            Not as classic as the uniforms of the Go Go era.

As far as the city connect uni's go, it's just another revenue generating idea and I hope they fall flat on their face and no one buys them especially since they're made by Nike.
                            Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 04-06-2021, 04:08 PM.
                            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Uh oh... I smell something resembling the Chicago flag in our future, light blue and red... that surely won't piss the diehards off at all...
                              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                              X