*Official* 4/4 Walshed Up Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 4/4 Walshed Up Postgamer

Let's be honest. A team that goes hitless with runners on base doesn't deserve to win anyway.

Gotta hope this series was an anomaly and not a sign of things to come.
    Last edited by thomas35forever; 04-04-2021, 11:41 PM.

LaRussa seems clueless in how to use this bullpen. Ugly game, bad series, need to get it together and fast.

Comment

About an ugly a start as we could ever hope not to see. Bad series. Hope they pick it up in Seattle. I know they want to get home to Chicago. Long time since they slept in their own beds.
      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

This was not a great start to the season. Really hope Anderson is ok.

Comment

My only comment is as follows:

The Sox need to follow the advice of Frank Thomas that he had taped to his locker for many years...

D.B.T.H.

"Don't Believe the Hype..."

These guys have been reading the press clippings, mouthing off ("F--- yes we're the best team in the American League") acting like they've accomplished something.

They have accomplished NOTHING, nothing.

This club has some serious issues and they need to get them corrected in a hurry.

Going back to last September and counting the post season they have now lost 13 of 17 games.

Like Hahn said a few weeks ago, they cleaned up on bad teams last year, he specifically mentioned winning 90% of their games against Detroit and he didn't think that would happen again.

He's right.

This team couldn't consistently beat teams with a winning record last year and that trend seems to be continuing (many are picking the Angels to win the west...)

At least they didn't urinate away another game in the 8th inning and didn't make any errors. LOL.

Sox are now 5-22 in Anaheim since the 2013 season.

Last edited by Lipman 1; 04-05-2021, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitesox5187 View Post
            This was not a great start to the season. Really hope Anderson is ok.
            The baseball gods have a way of taking revenge on players who mouth off a little too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post
              La Russa seems clueless in how to use this bullpen. Ugly game, bad series, need to get it together and fast.
              Like Rick Morrissey wrote a few days ago, all eyes are on him and if the team flops this year, he and JR will get the blame. JR for once again, sticking his nose into baseball affairs instead of letting the people he hired do their jobs.

Comment

The way they are embarrassing themselves right now, I'll be grateful if they can win 2 of 3 in Seattle and come home at 3-4.

Comment

First start of the year, but Cease isn't really instilling confidence that he can pitch when his stuff isn't 100%.

Bullpen has blown 2 leads and 3 games in 4 tries. Maybe they are due for some regression.

Our only win came in a game our starter got rocked.

Even Yermin stopped hitting.

The fundamentals are lacking. Defense has been bad. Especially in the outfield, where it shouldn't be. Our guys can't do the little things, like get guys over. And not just any guys...the contact guys. Madrigal, Leury, Eaton...all failing when in position to help the team win. That can't continue. We can't win if they can't do those things, it's the only reason they're in the lineup.

Seattle might be a temporary cure, but even that I'm not counting on with what I'm seeing. This looks like a bad team.
                  Last edited by vegandork; 04-05-2021, 06:40 AM.

Comment

This "power arms part 2" bullpen is fairing about as well as the first incarnation in 2007. Tie the game at 3....give up the lead. Tie the game at 4...lose the game. The Sox started 1-4 last year and ended up 10 games above .500. Their pitching got shelled that first week and then settled down. Can only hope the same rings true.

Comment

Early thoughts.
                      Except for clev the Sox have a bottom feeding schedule through the middle of May. We have always heard the Sox hitters need the warm weather to heat up , well that hasnt happened. MVPs have to come through, two important situations last night and he looked terrible. Moncada looks like he did last year. Robert looks to have gained quite a bit of weight. For the first time since Al Lopez (maybe Stanky) the Sox manager has total control (coaching staff, roster makeup, lineups, pitching decisions and player acquisitions) Ill blame him if this goes south or praise him if it works out and of course the guy that put him in this situation. Long season, we will see how things play out.

Comment

Bad series. It exposed lots of issues, especially defense, offense (against particularly RH starters), and the bullpen. I have no doubt that all three will get better, it's just a matter of how quickly. I expect the team to get hot at some point and reel off a long stretch where they're winning 2/3 of their games.

On to Seattle, where they have conveniently lined up two LH starters for us.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                          Bad series. It exposed lots of issues, especially defense, offense (against particularly RH starters), and the bullpen. I have no doubt that all three will get better, it's just a matter of how quickly. I expect the team to get hot at some point and reel off a long stretch where they're winning 2/3 of their games.

On to Seattle, where they have conveniently lined up two LH starters for us.
                          One good takeaway is we're seeing all of these fixable issues at the very beginning of the season and not the middle or the end. The defense, bullpen, and a few other performance related issues from certain players can be fixed. We know Moncada is not this bad at hitting. Eloy will be back at some point and hopefully TA will be fine. There's still a ton of time.

Comment

Originally posted by blurry View Post

One good takeaway is we're seeing all of these fixable issues at the very beginning of the season and not the middle or the end. The defense, bullpen, and a few other performance related issues from certain players can be fixed. We know Moncada is not this bad at hitting. Eloy will be back at some point and hopefully TA will be fine. There's still a ton of time.
                            Don't look for Eloy until 2022. If TA goes on the IL it will mark the third time in three seasons (ankle, groin in the past). Durability?

Comment

If TA cannot go tonight, that would mean there would be no backup on the roster for 2B and SS, and Mendick has to be called up. I don't think Hamilton or Lamb can be sent to Schaumburg at this point. Does that mean either Vaughn or Yermin has to be sent down?

Edit: I meant SS not 3B
                              Last edited by ChiTownTrojan; 04-05-2021, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X