Petition to Rename Forum YerminMercedesInteractive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition to Rename Forum YerminMercedesInteractive

Not really, but wanted to make a thread to discuss the White Sox latest rookie phenom and now a strong contender for AL Player on the Week.

Obviously he's not going to OPS 2.500 for the rest of the season and probably won't even have another 8-for-9 streak, but I'm not sure he's a Nicky Delmonico fluke either. This guy has a legit approach at the plate: they're not just throwing it into his wheelhouse because they haven't scouted him yet, he is spoiling off good pitches, changing his approach with 2 outs, he is having professional at-bats out there.
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Yermin has been a damn good hitter his whole minor league career, very perplexing that no MLB team has given him a chance before the Sox gave him 1 plate appearance last year.
    Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 04-04-2021, 08:41 AM.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

He must be on cloud 9 right now . in the past, it seems that every time that he pitch-hit, he came through with a hit . the guy is starting the season totally locked in . even after this fades, i think that he's a good guy off the bench.

Comment

Heck of a start. It's Yermin's world we are all just living in it.
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
          Not really, but wanted to make a thread to discuss the White Sox latest rookie phenom and now a strong contender for AL Player on the Week.

Obviously he's not going to OPS 2.500 for the rest of the season and probably won't even have another 8-for-9 streak, but I'm not sure he's a Nicky Delmonico fluke either. This guy has a legit approach at the plate: they're not just throwing it into his wheelhouse because they haven't scouted him yet, he is spoiling off good pitches, changing his approach with 2 outs, he is having professional at-bats out there.
          Blasphemy!

Mike Trout: I have a .615 OBP to start the year.

Yermin Mercedes: Hold my beer.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
            Yermin has been a damn good hitter his whole minor league career, very perplexing that no MLB team has given him a chance before the Sox gave him 1 plate appearance last year.
            It was the defense, really. But maybe he's the full time answer at DH this season.

Comment

Originally posted by vegandork View Post

It was the defense, really. But maybe he's the full time answer at DH this season.
              It's certainly possible. He won't keep it up at this pace but if he could OPS around .850 with 25 HR I'd be ecstatic.

Comment

Supposedly at one point someone had changed the Angels' Wikipedia page to list their owner as Yermin Mercedes.
                I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

When Engel returns, if Vaughn is still struggling he may need to go to Charlotte, because Mercedes might just earn the DH job full time.

Comment

He was just named AL Player of the Week!

Comment

Man, watching him is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post
                        Man, watching him is fun.
                        He doesn't seem to get fooled much does he? Last night on the final AB for him he changed the way he hit. No big leg kick. He was rock solid and locked in from the waist down and right on every pitch as he fought back to draw the walk. Tough to get a guy out who is that stable.
                        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

While I’m expecting him to regress a bit, having his bat around when Eloy returns will be a great problem to have. Just glad Vaughn hasn’t looked awful in LF, as it will open up opportunities for playing time for everyone.

Comment

Ozzie Guillen tweeted a picture of a Yermin Mercedes jersey that he bought. I imagine there will be a few in the crowd at the Sox home opener.
                            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                            -- Thucydides

Comment

Batting Stance Guy on Twitter has done a breakdown of Yermin Mercedes's stance

https://twitter.com/BattingStanceG/s...20516932919300
                              -- Thucydides

Comment

Working...
                              X