This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sox Roster Moves Thread

Bernardo Flores was apparently put on waivers and was claimed by the Cardinals.

https://twitter.com/JRFegan/status/1...819126274?s=20

Too bad, but I didn't have much hope for him. He's definitely behind other pitchers that are going to be at Charlotte like Lambert, Stiever, and of course Lopez. I wonder why he was waived - maybe that means they didn't put Fry on the 60-day IL, and he might be due back earlier? Or maybe I'm off on my 40-man roster count.

Fry has been put on the 10-day IL, along with Engel. Hopefully that means he'll miss less than 2 months. Turley cleared waivers and will head to Schaumburg.

Comment

Good sign that it’s not 15 day DL, unless that’s not a thing anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DeployEloy View Post
        It is not.

Comment

Originally posted by DeployEloy View Post
          They call it IL now, and it's 10 days.

Comment

Billiy Hamilton activated from IL. Alex McRae optioned. Was hoping for Engel's return.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
            All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
            Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
              Billiy Hamilton activated from IL. Alex McRae optioned. Was hoping for Engel's return.
              Last week there was a printed story saying he's had a "setback" quoting both him and Hahn. At the earliest the story said it could be sometime this homestand.

Comment

Stiever recalled, Mendick sent to Schaumburg. There’s a pretty good chance we see him today, with Kopech not likely to go deep, and Heuer, Bummer, and Hendriks all likely to get the day off after two straight appearances each.

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/...914671105?s=21

Comment

Marshall is in Arizona as a pallbearer for a friend that dies so they were down a pitcher.

Comment

Stiever sent back to the alternate site, Sox announce they'll make a corresponding move Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                      Stiever sent back to the alternate site, Sox announce they'll make a corresponding move Tuesday.
                      I posted in the postgame thread that Stiever really needs to start for Birmingham or Charlotte this year (once the minor league season begins next week). Someone with more MLB experience ought to be our 27th man stashed at Shaumburg.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

I posted in the postgame thread that Stiever really needs to start for Birmingham or Charlotte this year (once the minor league season begins next week). Someone with more MLB experience ought to be our 27th man stashed at Shaumburg.
                        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

Agreed.
                          I wonder if there are any reclamation projects out there like Ross Detwiler was previously (who is with Miami now).

Comment

Since Burdi and Tyler Johnson are relievers, the only other starting pitcher in the Sox Top 30 prospects who is remotely close to MLB ready is Jimmy Lambert.

Kelley, Vera, Thompson, and Dalquist are all several years away.

Comment

We have a guy with MLB experience and past success looking to find his stuff in Schaumburg. Reynaldo Lopez. He pitched against the Cubs alternate site team yesterday. I suspect he will get the next call.

Comment

Working...
                              X