Opening Day is finally here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Day is finally here!

Happy New Year, everyone. Looking forward to an exciting season and getting back to the ballpark. Go Sox!!
    Last edited by Chez; 04-01-2021, 12:49 PM.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
    All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
    Posts on old WSI: 7344

The last time we had a right handed pitcher start consecutive opening days was from 1997-1998 when world beater Jaime Navarro took the mound.

Looks like Wilbur Wood has the overall record with 5 consecutive starts. I hope Gio can beat that! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rting_pitchers

Comment

I’m happy that it’s Opening Day.

I think it’s crappy that it’s a West Coast night game.

I think it’s wise to have cold weather city teams open on the road in warm climates, BUT I have always found the Angels to be an incredibly selfish organization because they consistently schedule night games even when it creates a huge burden on getaway days for opposing teams that have to fly back across the country. By contrast, the Mariners and Athletics have more day games on getaway days. I’m not saying the Angels should be forced to accommodate visiting teams, but I am saying that I think their organization should eat a bag of *****, and of course I hope the Sox sweep them.

Comment

I agree it's going to suck to have to wait until 7:00 local time to see the game, but... I get to see the whole game and not have to fight to watch while working so that's cool.

Looking forward to a fun exciting season.

GO SOX!
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

I look forward to reading disseminated accounts and descriptions of this game tomorrow morning. I'm in the Eastern Time Zone and will likely fall asleep in the 7th inning unless something truly exciting is happening.
          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
          -- Thucydides

Comment

According to TLR (via Fegan), Vaughn will not be in the starting line-up tonight. Garcia in LF, Collins the DH.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
            All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
            Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
              According to TLR (via Fegan), Vaughn will not be in the starting line-up tonight. Garcia in LF, Collins the DH.
              Says because next expected start for Collins would be Sunday and didn't want to sit him for 3 days to start the season.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...mxe-story.html

Comment

Hey Tebman, hurry up and make with the damn poem, already!

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                  It begins!

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

Says because next expected start for Collins would be Sunday and didn't want to sit him for 3 days to start the season.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...mxe-story.html
                    I don' think Collins was the part of that equation that was in question.

Comment

Originally posted by vegandork View Post

I don' think Collins was the part of that equation that was in question.
                      Just going on what TLR says in the article.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

Just going on what TLR says in the article.
                        It just feels so normal to see the lineup card and have someone like Vaughn sitting an important game and instead starting Leury Garcia. He'll fit in with the other managers we've had the last decade.

Comment

Happy Opening Day, Sox fans! Excited for what this season will have to offer!

Comment

Originally posted by vegandork View Post

It just feels so normal to see the lineup card and have someone like Vaughn sitting an important game and instead starting Leury Garcia. He'll fit in with the other managers we've had the last decade.
                            Maybe he likes how Leury matches up with the Angels ace.
                            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                            -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post

Maybe he likes how Leury matches up with the Angels ace.
                              And or wanted Vaughn's first start to be against a guy he matches up more favorably so as not to risk setting him off on a bad note. Young players often get treated with kid gloves early on to allow them to build confidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X