Single game tix - any luck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single game tix - any luck?

Did anyone score tix on Friday after the Sox sent out an email that select single game tix were now available for the first homestand?

I checked in on it for fun and was 1k in the queue on ticketmaster. I can't tell if the queue was for each game or one general queue. Does anyone know?

I have to travel back home to take care of my mom post shoulder replacement surgery during the second homestand and since I will be fully vaccinated and this is likely the only time I'll be in Chicago this season I'm hoping to score tickets to a game. So I'm trying to figure out if I need to get multiple browsers open for each game or just one.

One of the guys in my season ticket syndicate got a pod of 4 tickets for the entire home stand when they opened up phase 1. They had a season ticket holder phase 2, in which I tried to buy a pod of 2 seats for the home opener in Goose Island. It allowed me to select the seats and then the web site hung. When I went back in those seats were gone and all that was left were Bob Uecker seats in the upper deck corners.

One browser should be enough. I don't think multiple connections to the same web server from on IP address is going to increase your chances any.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
      One of the guys in my season ticket syndicate got a pod of 4 tickets for the entire home stand when they opened up phase 1. They had a season ticket holder phase 2, in which I tried to buy a pod of 2 seats for the home opener in Goose Island. It allowed me to select the seats and then the web site hung. When I went back in those seats were gone and all that was left were Bob Uecker seats in the upper deck corners.

One browser should be enough. I don't think multiple connections to the same web server from on IP address is going to increase your chances any.
      So even though I'm selecting a specific game, it's all one queue? Doesn't matter which game I'm selecting to start?

This was the general sale to the public that I was looking at on Friday. Did not need season ticket holder access.

Comment

Originally posted by Streets View Post

So even though I'm selecting a specific game, it's all one queue? Doesn't matter which game I'm selecting to start?

This was the general sale to the public that I was looking at on Friday. Did not need season ticket holder access.
        It's one database, with the server operating system handling multiple connections. If you're trying for different dates, with the idea of taking whichever you can get, I suppose it would speed things up to have multiple connections if the server will allow the same account to do so.

I figured the general sale to the public would be even more fraught with performance problems than the season ticket holder events, since that's a much smaller number of simultaneous connections.

Comment

Working...
        X