This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The *Official* Eloy plays the outfield like a blind Squirrel thread

We do not need multiple threads on the same overblown topic. Post 'em here.

Left today’s game after injury in 2nd inning, as reported by MLB. No details as of yet.
    (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Described as discomfort per several sources. Tbh I’m just happy it’s not the knee.

Comment

Having two of the same type of player should be a luxury, but because of Jimenez continuing to have health struggles as an outfield, the issue has been forced. There's no way the Sox are getting rid of the reigning AL MVP in Abreu, so are the Sox going to have to cut ties with one of them for the good of the team?

If they decide to go the trade route, I can see them demanding a star outfielder in return to shore up a glaring weakness on the roster, maybe even a young starting pitcher.

What's the decision here? The Sox can't keep letting this hamper them if they want to get to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
          Having two of the same type of player should be a luxury, but because of Jimenez continuing to have health struggles as an outfield, the issue has been forced. There's no way the Sox are getting rid of the reigning AL MVP in Abreu, so are the Sox going to have to cut ties with one of them for the good of the team?

If they decide to go the trade route, I can see them demanding a star outfielder in return to shore up a glaring weakness on the roster, maybe even a young starting pitcher.

What's the decision here? The Sox can't keep letting this hamper them if they want to get to the next level.
          I agree but as others have said the Sox put themselves in this position plus again DEPTH, remember that word. A word apparently Rick Hahn had no use for this off-season. "The money will be spent..."

In fact the Sox payroll is lower today than it was in 2011. Think about that one for a second, coming off three years of 'rebuilding" for this moment.

Comment

He really has to stop doing this.
            (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by JazzyCyclist View Post
              He really has to stop doing this.
              Steve Stone was basically saying the same thing on the broadcast, he was trying to do it in a way that wasn't insulting but the tone of his voice told me he can't believe Eloy keeps doing these baseball-stupid things.

Comment

Should Eloy be out of action for (?) that means the starting outfield is L.Garcia, Robert and Eaton. Not exactly "murderers row" is it?

Just amazing that the Sox can't seem to beg, borrow, steal, draft, trade or sign quality outfield depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                  Should Eloy be out of action for (?) that means the starting outfield is L.Garcia, Robert and Eaton. Not exactly "murderers row" is it?

Just amazing that the Sox can't seem to beg, borrow, steal, draft, trade or sign quality outfield depth.
                  Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

Is it not true, Voodoo? Tell me where my comment isn't accurate (and no the Charlie Tilson's of the world et al don't count as "quality" depth)

This is at least, the 4th time, since his rookie year Eloy has had "adventures" in the outfield, from hurting his knee planting it on the wall, to his elbow colliding with Tilson, to his run in's with the netting and now this.

He makes Carlos Lee look like a Gold Glover.

You could tell in Steve Stone's voice today that he can't believe Eloy keeps doing these things and putting himself in harm's way.

Just baseball-stupid.
                    Last edited by Lipman 1; 03-24-2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Vaughn isn’t a DH. He will eventually get1st. Abreu will be aging out before long.

Comment

Is it not true, Voodoo? Tell me where my comment isn't accurate (and no the Charlie Tilson's of the world et al don't count as "quality" depth)

This is at least, the 4th time, since his rookie year Eloy has had "adventures" in the outfield, from hurting his knee planting it on the wall, to his elbow colliding with Tilson, to his run in's with the netting and now this.

He makes Carlos Lee look like a Gold Glover.

You could tell in Steve Stone's voice today that he can't believe Eloy keeps doing these things and putting himself in harm's way.

Just baseball-stupid.
                        Almost everyone is in that exact position if their best hitting outfielder is out, though. If Engel is healthy, this is much less a concern. Engel is the 4 OF, not Leury. Let’s not pretend that they haven’t provided depth there. They have just been unlucky/Eloy being baseball stupid
                        Last edited by DeployEloy; 03-24-2021, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Billy Hamilton says hi.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

Billy Hamilton says hi.
                            He said “quality depth”.

Comment

What 5th OF is quality that doesn’t have prospect status?

Comment

Working...
                              X