Sports Illustrated says...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Illustrated says...

The White Sox to go 94-68 win the division by two games. Beat the Angels in the division series and lose to the Yankees in the league championship series.

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
    . . . and lose to the Yankees in the league championship series.
    The only thing worse would be losing to the Cubs.

Comment

It would suck to lose in the ALCS but overall I'd consider that to be a great season.

Comment

Originally posted by blurry View Post
        It would suck to lose in the ALCS but overall I'd consider that to be a great season.
        Getting to the ALCS would be a good season, but we should be able to play with anyone by then and with a shortened rotation for the playoffs the Sox are going to be a tough matchup.
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
          The White Sox to go 94-68 win the division by two games. Beat the Angels in the division series and lose to the Yankees in the league championship series.
          The Yankees suck. Perpetual losers.

Comment

My boss is a Yanks fan, so I need SI to revise the article to predict the Sox winning the AL pennant.
            (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

That would be an umitigated success for the rebuild and for the organization's offseason philosophy. I am not as optimistic, but they'll start playing real games soon and we can forget the predictions.
              "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
              -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by blurry View Post
                Yep. Only one ALCS appearance in the last quarter century, so yes that would be a great season.

Comment

Growing up, receiving the Sports Illustrated Baseball Preview Issue in the mail was a huge event. I devoured it from cover to cover.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
                  All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
                  Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                    Growing up, receiving the Sports Illustrated Baseball Preview Issue in the mail was a huge event. I devoured it from cover to cover.
                    Never cared that much for SI, I was a big fan of Sport magazine, It had great full page photos in dazzling color of the stars of the day and the Sporting News especially when it was a Baseball only publication.
                    I also loved the yearly baseball publictions like Street and Smith's that had all the stats from the previous year plus all the predictions for the new season.
                    And then there was Baseball Digest, what a great little magazine.
                    Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 03-25-2021, 05:48 PM.
                    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Working...
                    X