Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Training thread about things that are actually happening in Spring Training

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Training thread about things that are actually happening in Spring Training

I got tired of reading post after post filled with the same complaints and arguments, so I decided to start a new thread that focused on things that are actually happening in Spring Training and that are actually relevant to the team we're going to see this year.

Here's a couple ideas to start up conversation:

Looks like a pretty good lineup today - everyone we're going to see is a near-lock to make the opening day roster, and most will be in the starting lineup (Lucroy is in for Yaz but apparently Yaz was taking BP earlier today so he should hopefully be back soon). https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/...375703046?s=20

Tomorrow, we get to see a 9-inning game, which will include Crochet along with Kopech's debut: https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/stat...282787841?s=20

Also, Merkin released a new roster projection that has Collins in AAA (recall that his last one had Collins, Vaughn, and Lucroy all making the team which seemed odd). https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/wh...ter-prediction

I am glad Madrigal is getting time already. Initial reports had him projected to come back in April. I really don't want Mendick getting everyday at-bats in Nicky's absence.

Edit: To add, I didn't think Lucroy would have played as quickly into the backup role as he seemingly has. Still a lot of spring to change that though. I'd like to see how Collins responds when Lucroy's putting on the pressure.
    Last edited by DeployEloy; 03-08-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeployEloy View Post
      I am glad Madrigal is getting time already. Initial reports had him projected to come back in April. I really don't want Mendick getting everyday at-bats in Nicky's absence.

Edit: To add, I didn't think Lucroy would have played as quickly into the backup role as he seemingly has. Still a lot of spring to change that though. I'd like to see how Collins responds when Lucroy's putting on the pressure.
      That's right, I should have highlighted that Madrigal is making his debut today, which is great news!

Collins has actually had a good Spring so far - I think he's still OPSing over 1.000 (thanks mostly to that HR last week). But after the way Giolito praised the way Lucroy called the game they pitched together, I think the decision was pretty much made. Lucroy's been holding his own with the bat as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

That's right, I should have highlighted that Madrigal is making his debut today, which is great news!

Collins has actually had a good Spring so far - I think he's still OPSing over 1.000 (thanks mostly to that HR last week). But after the way Giolito praised the way Lucroy called the game they pitched together, I think the decision was pretty much made. Lucroy's been holding his own with the bat as well.
        Collins has looked good behind the dish, as well.

Comment

Robert has had a nice start to ST and has square up a number of balls. Hopefully having a deep lineup will allow him to see more FBs and pitches to hit consistently. He'll accidentally hit 30 bombs if that's the case.

Comment

Man, Wright is brutal.

Comment

Yes. Yes he is. Weak contact lucking into a hit, but man the guy can't stay off the scoreboard.

Comment

Jebus. Where does the ump want that? Seemed perfect.

Comment

And now he's overthrowing.

Comment

Mashed

Comment

Jesus

Comment

Saeger was just waiting for the fastball.

Comment

Who wouldn’t? I would. It’s his best pitch. Terrible spot

Comment

At least he settled down. Still think he had the K to start.

Comment

TA flashing the leather. Nice play

Edit: Cmon man, why we trying to bunt. Get some actual swings in.
                              Last edited by DeployEloy; 03-08-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X