Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sox announce non-roster invites to Spring Training

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/1359896110127587329

Not particularly excited about these guys, but I wasn't excited about Esteban Loaiza in February of 2003 either.
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
    https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/1359896110127587329

Not particularly excited about these guys, but I wasn't excited about Esteban Loaiza in February of 2003 either.
    For a team that expects to contend, you would hope that you don't have any spots open for very many non-roster invitees.

The ones with a legit shot at making the team are Vaughn, Lucroy, and Beckham (barring a ST injury to a starter).

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

For a team that expects to contend, you would hope that you don't have any spots open for very many non-roster invitees.

The ones with a legit shot at making the team are Vaughn, Lucroy, and Beckham (barring a ST injury to a starter).
      By my count, they definitely have room for a 5th outfielder and another backup infielder. I guess not if they carry 3 catchers, though.
      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
      -- Thucydides

Comment

Disappointed to see Will Kincanon missing from that list. Saw him pitch 2020 Spring Training and the kid impressed me with his stuff. I hope he puts it together at Charlotte.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
          Disappointed to see Will Kincanon missing from that list. Saw him pitch 2020 Spring Training and the kid impressed me with his stuff. I hope he puts it together at Charlotte.
          He'll get some time up from the back fields. Saw him throw a bit there last year, as well, and I agree. He could surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
            He was rule 5 eligible this year but fortunately wasn't claimed. This will likely be the last season he has to show he deserves a roster spot.

Comment

Working...
            X