TA7 is ready to whip his teammates into the right approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA7 is ready to whip his teammates into the right approach

Tim Anderson: 2021 White Sox need ‘whoop these m-----f-----s’ attitude | RSN (nbcsports.com)

Gonna be a fun season.

It's good to see a leader emerge in Anderson. It's also good to see he's cognizant of what went wrong last year after clinching the playoff spot. Not sure it would have changed things in the playoffs with our lack of pitching, but it could have stopped the late season collapse and perhaps rewarded us with a more favorable first round matchup.

Comment

Getting rid of the utterly useless Renteria will help with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
        Tim Anderson: 2021 White Sox need ‘whoop these m-----f-----s’ attitude
        Originally posted by vegandork View Post
        It's good to see a leader emerge in Anderson.
        You call that leadership? I call it adolescent posturing.

Four Sox Gold Gloves in 1960.

Comment

Originally posted by vegandork View Post
          ...... but it could have stopped the late season collapse and perhaps rewarded us with a more favorable first round matchup.
          This is exactly what I thought of when TA showed his "mean dog" attitude. Strong leadership could have prevented the Sox late season collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by FourGoldGloves View Post

I call it leadership. Good to see it.
            (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

This is exactly what I thought of when TA showed his "mean dog" attitude. Strong leadership could have prevented the Sox late season collapse.
              Perhaps not having Jimmy Cordero, Jose Ruiz, Gio Gonzalez and Carlos Rodon pitch and melt down in late inning, high leverage situations in four consecutive losses in Cleveland would have made a difference? Who knows. But I don't know how Anderson could've prevented it.
              Last edited by Chez; 02-11-2021, 02:25 PM.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 12-6
              All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 299-253
              Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Keuchel will pin down any slackers and TA will bat flip the bum. That'll keep the troops motivated!

Comment

One of these days a pitcher is gonna strike out TA7 in a big spot and do his pasta-eating gesture on the mound. But the Sox seem to perform better when Tim is fired up than when he's not.

Tim Anderson is arguably the hardest working guy on this team. He has worked his ass off to get from a very raw prospect to a guy who won the batting title once and almost won the batting title the next season. The Sox would be a better team if everyone became a bit more like Tim Anderson.
                  "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                  -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post
                    Getting rid of the utterly useless Renteria will help with this.
                    Yeah, but I don't know if a guy that's older than ancient me is the answer.
                    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

There are no good or bad leaders. Their are only right and wrong leaders for individual situations. For the White Sox, Tim Anderson is probably the best possible leader they could have.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

Yeah, but I don't know if a guy that's older than ancient me is the answer.
                        I think it ultimately came down to La Russa being the only alternative to Renteria that Reinsdorf would accept.

Comment

Having the attitude of wanting to kick ass day in and day out is adolescent posturing? Isn't that kind of the point of sports, to have attitudes like that?

Comment

In order to have this approach you have to have the right kind of guys on the club. I just dont see this with the players they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post
                              In order to have this approach you have to have the right kind of guys on the club. I just dont see this with the players they have.
                              I happen to think the guys we have are all ready for his type of hype. Attitude and (I can’t believe I’m typing this) “swag” are contagious and the trickle down effect obviously starts at the top. He and Dallas both have a win-or-die-trying mentality and I want that in our clubhouse. That approach showed up on the field, late season struggles notwithstanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X