PECOTA projections puts White Sox in 3rd place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post

What is most impressive about this is the fact that is was before they got Tom Brady.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDog View Post

It sounds like the statistical analysts are living in an alternate reality. Maybe I'm in the alternate reality where it's about winning games as opposed to a geometric-style proof that that shows the games will be, and later, have been won.

Issues notwithstanding, predictions are pointless.
      By this logic, baseball message boards are also pointless, because none of us (as far as I know) are credentialed employees in MLB front offices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

By this logic, baseball message boards are also pointless, because none of us (as far as I know) are credentialed employees in MLB front offices.
        It baffles me that such an inference can be drawn from from my posts.

Seriously. I've made my point. You are welcome to disagree with my actual point.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/MLB/status/13617...%2Fbaseball%2F

Fangraphs has the White Sox at 60.5% chance of making the playoffs. They are 2nd in the AL Central behind the Twins whom have a 65.5% chance according to their projections. I think that's fair; the Twins are the team to beat in the division until proven otherwise.

So for the AL playoff projections:

91.6% Yankees
          71.4% Astros
          65.5% Twins
          60.5 % White Sox
          53.6% Blue Jays

Sounds fair to me. The AL West is a mess. There's a huge drop off in talent after the White Sox in this division. Also lol at the Baltimore projection at 0.0%.

Just need to get into the playoffs in baseball and things basically start over.

Comment

Working...
          X