Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 Years Ago Today: Andy Hawkins No-Hits Sox and Sox Win 4-0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Years Ago Today: Andy Hawkins No-Hits Sox and Sox Win 4-0!

Incredible game. Hard to believe it's been 30 years already. I just loved that 1990 team. Too bad they were before the wild card era.

Final score that day at Old Comiskey Park:
    NYY: 0 4 3
    SOX: 4 0 2

Years from then, I can say I was there.

I should have seen it coming. It was old Comiskey's last birthday and the Yankees' last visit ever to the park (they were really, really bad, no hopes for the postseason). The Baseball Gods had to give both sides something.

Oh, Greg Hibbard was perfect through 5.1 innings.
    Last edited by Dumpjerry; 07-02-2020, 09:00 AM.

Comment

I'm kind of surprised the White Sox haven't re-broadcast this game on YouTube or Facebook. I'd rather see this game than Jose Abreu's first home run.

Comment

One of my all time favorite games, and I was lucky Enough to be there that day. I remember SportsChannel rebroadcast it a few times and I grabbed a vhs copy of it to save for posterity. 😀

Comment

What's hard to believe is that 30 years ago Comiskey was in it's last year while a new ballpark was being erected across the street.
          I remember watching that game and thought that maybe this was a Sox year and they might win the division when they get no hit and still win the game.
          Yes, 1990 was a very special year in White Sox history, my only regret was due to work not being able to attend the last game at Comiskey, my last game was September 14, a Friday night game against the BoSox which we won 4-0. What was neat was that our seats out in left center field were just about the exact place where I sat with the Cub Scouts at my first Sox game 65 years ago on July 15, 1955.
          Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-04-2020, 04:03 PM.
          Batting in the second position for the White Sox, number 2, the second baseman Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
            What's hard to believe is that 30 years ago Comiskey was in it's last year while a new ballpark was being erected across the street.
            I remember watching that game and thought that maybe this was a Sox year and they might win the division when they get no hit and still win the game.
            Yes, 1990 was a very special year in White Sox history, my only regret was due to work not being able to attend the last game at Comiskey, my last game was September 14, a Friday night game against the BoSox which we won 4-0. What was neat was that our seats out in left center field were just about the exact place where I sat with the Cub Scouts at my first Sox game 65 years ago on July 15, 1955.
            Speaking of playoff teams heading to the playoffs, this happened with three games left in the regular season in 1983:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...98309290.shtml

Comment

Working...
            X