Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Field of Dreams game still on (Update: Never mind, it's off now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field of Dreams game still on (Update: Never mind, it's off now)

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/wh...ld-dreams-game
    We get to face the Cardinals. August 13th.

I’m glad that this game is still a go. This was the one game I was truly looking forward to. I visited Field of Dreams back in 1995. Can’t believe it’s been 25 years ago already. Yikes where does the time go?

Comment

Should have been against the Reds. We play them this year......

Comment

I'm just glad we aren't playing the Cubs in this game. We all know where the media would have placed their focus had that occurred. This FOD game idea was the brain child of the White Sox organization and they have a historical connection to the events in the film. They deserve to have the spotlight on them for this game. That being said, I'm rather surprised they are going through with it this year. It would have made a lot of sense to just PPD it to 2021.

Comment

I'm guessing MLB is hungry (this season) for the revenue from ESPN for this game.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
          All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
          Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
            Should have been against the Reds. We play them this year......

That’s a great idea, better than the Cardinals or Yankees as the opponent. I could see them both wearing their 1919 uniforms. That’d be way cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
              I'm guessing MLB is hungry (this season) for the revenue from ESPN for this game.
              The game is supposed to be on Fox.

Comment

Cool!

Comment

................and the game is cancelled.
                  https://670thescore.radio.com/white-...ld_vszLRiFhtL0

Comment

They can call it “logistics“ all they want to protect the players, but we all know why it’s really cancelled ... idiots being idiots.

Comment

Hopefully, they can have it next year against the Redlegs.

Comment

Well, as long as they don’t steal it from the Sox, it is what it is. It’ll probably be better to have it during a typical season anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by KW1989 View Post
                          Well, as long as they don’t steal it from the Sox, it is what it is. It’ll probably be better to have it during a typical season anyway.
                          The Des Moines Register has reported the Sox return next year. The opponent is TBA.

Comment

There will still be corn in Iowa next year.

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                              There will still be corn in Iowa next year.
                              Man, I think they blew something special to do in isolation.

Honest to God, I’ve been watching every Sox game on mute on my iPad and watching TV or the Hawks and thoroughly enjoy games without fans. Yeah, I look forward to the cheers and jeers - that will be a big day for the world when the MLB has fans sitting next to each other, eating hotdogs and peanuts while having a beer. I just don’t mind it at all.

I guess I was looking forward to it more than a lot of what’s coming up in sports. It was kind of a big deal, but I get the sentiment - everything is put on hold.

Comment

Working...
                              X