• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sox release 5 players, including Zach Putnam

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...5-players.html

Making room for the 5 draft picks

Comment

None were likely to make the taxi squad.

Comment

I had forgotten Putnam was in camp with the Sox. When he was healthy, he was effective.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
        All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
        Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

As a Sox fan living in the DC area, I've seen Matt Skole wash out of two different minor league systems. Sad!

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
            I had forgotten Putnam was in camp with the Sox. When he was healthy, he was effective.
            He was quietly effective for the Sox. A really solid 7th inning bridge guy but health was always a huge issue. I'm sure the original plan was to stash him in Charlotte and if he was healthy, he could become a bullpen option later in the season. Since there will be no MiLB season this year, that probably spelled the end of the road for Putnam. I feel bad for players like him that have no path forward to trying to play this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Foulke You View Post

He was quietly effective for the Sox. A really solid 7th inning bridge guy but health was always a huge issue. I'm sure the original plan was to stash him in Charlotte and if he was healthy, he could become a bullpen option later in the season. Since there will be no MiLB season this year, that probably spelled the end of the road for Putnam. I feel bad for players like him that have no path forward to trying to play this year.
              A year to rest and strengthen his arm and get ready for a hopefully full season next year.
              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
              X