*Official* James McCann Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* James McCann Appreciation Thread

James wasn't with us for very long, but he got an All-Star selection and a camaraderie with Lucas Giolito out of his time here. Hope he does well in New York.

Best of luck James. Glad you're getting this opportunity.

Comment

Feel great for James, and I'm ecstatic he's not here wasted as a backup and is instead getting his shot.

Comment

Hate losing this guy.
        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Great teammate who played really well for the two years he was here. As others have said, I wish him nothing but the best and am happy he got this contact and opportunity with NYM.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-4
          All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 295-251
          Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
            Hate losing this guy.
            Agreed.

I shudder to think about the human meat shield that will be brought in now.

Comment

White Sox fans can be some of the most bitter, nasty, and negative fans in all of MLB. And they can hold grudges for a long time. But I am confident that there is not a single White Sox fan in existence who has even a single bad thing to say about James McCann. All the guy did here was significantly overperform expectations and improve the players around him. I'm glad to see him cash in and get some of that Mets money.
              "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
              -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

Agreed.

I shudder to think about the human meat shield that will be brought in now.
                Brought in? They have three in the organization.
                "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                -- Thucydides

Comment

He was the most "pleasant surprise" signing, in recent memory. I'm disappointed to see him go.

Comment

Sad to see him go, but glad he got his shot at being the starting catcher. He played well while he was here, and no drama.

Comment

Thank goodness he is in the NL.

Comment

Like many, I had hoped after his 2019 campaign, the Sox would sign McCann to an extension.Once they signed Grandal to a 4 year 73 mill deal, that wasn't going to happen.

Thanks for the great 2 years you put in on the South Side, James. You definitely exceeded my expectations.

And to those who would call Sox fans "bitter', wait till you see what happens if James and the Mets get off to a slow start in NYC.

Winning is expected on the East Coast.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                          Hate losing this guy.
                          Couldn't agree more. I guess I am happy that he's getting the opportunity and all that, but this is a big loss for the Sox. For most of last year, he was better than Grandal, and I think he calls a better game. On top of that, like Homefish said, he was one of the best guys the Sox have had in years.

Comment

A true professional. Handled the Grandal hiring with class and, at many points last year, seemed to outplay him.

Part of me wished they would platoon he and grandal to be c/dh/1b with Abreu, but that was quite unlikely. Hope he has success with the Mets, only to lose to us in the WS.

Comment

I was happy they took a shot on McCannon when they first grabbed him, but I never foresaw the success he had with us. I wish him well with the Mets. May we never meet you in a game that matters.

Comment

Working...
                              X