Sox trade for Lance Lynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sox trade for Lance Lynn!

Per Jeff Pasan. No details yet, but big move.

Wow. Dane Dunning going back

This was the most likely move considering Bauer was not a likely sign. Would have rather done a Stiever package, but that was likely not enough.

Comment

Solid pickup. We needed another veteran in the rotation, and we got him.

Dane Dunning going to Texas.

Comment

Ooof...Lynn is obviously better than Dunning, but I'd rather have not removed a rotation piece. Hopefully we're still in the market for more starters then.

Contract on Lynn - he's a free agent after this season making $8 million. He's been pretty solid above average for his career and slots nicely between Giolito and Keuchel.

Comment

Dunning.

I hope we extend him. I liked Dane
          Last edited by Krs1; 12-08-2020, 12:11 AM.

Comment

They are definitely getting another pitcher to go with Lynn via trade or FA.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post
              Well, Giolito-Lynn-Keuchel and then the winners of Cease Kopech Lopez and free agent reclamations is a hell of a lot better than Giolito-Keuchel then pray.

Comment

I love the move.

Comment

Quintana perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

Quintana perhaps?
                    Hopefully Kluber, if not then Paxton or Quintana.

Comment

Wow, I'm surprised they gave up Dunning for a 1-year rental, but it does give us the high-end SP we need. Let's find out what secondary pieces are going back.

Comment

Lance Lynn was on the 2011 Cardinals team managed by Tony La Russa. Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                          Wow, I'm surprised they gave up Dunning for a 1-year rental, but it does give us the high-end SP we need. Let's find out what secondary pieces are going back.
                          Yeah it's a steep price for 1 year of a pitcher, but they had to strike now before other teams that missed out on Bauer come into the picture.

Comment

Yeah it's a steep price for 1 year of a pitcher, but they had to strike now before other teams that missed out on Bauer come into the picture.
                            He'll be 34 next year. Odds are they can resign him to a small contract at the back of the rotation as he ages if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

Quintana perhaps?
                              Cease and another piece for Blake Snell...

Giolito, Lynn, Snell, Keuchel rotation, with enough money to sign Joc or Rosario to platoon in RF.

Comment

Working...
                              X