X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Len Kasper becomes new Sox radio announcer

This is a stunner to say the least.
    https://theathletic.com/2238837/2020...ubs-white-sox/

Stunned to see this. Wonder what happens to Mazur. Part of me wishes DJ got the can.

Comment

He and Stoney can have a whine off.

Comment

Non-paywall summary article from Awful Announcing.

https://awfulannouncing.com/local-ne...bs-tv-job.html

Says Kasper is leaving because he wants to shift medium and because he wants to call a World Series, which obviously as a local TV guy he can never do.
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Weird move. This is hardly the Cubs hiring Harry Caray. Kasper is a nice enough guy, but he's pretty sleepy. I liked Masur.

Comment

Please tell me we did not send Vaughn and Kopech to the Cubs in this deal.

Comment

Maybe Kasper didn't want to work for Marquee? He's a huge upgrade over Masur. Let's see -- Maddon, Theo, Schwarber, Lester, Kasper -- maybe Ronnie Woo Woo will be in St. Louis next season! 😃

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
              All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
              Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                Maybe Kasper didn't want to work for Marquee? He's a huge upgrade over Masur. Let's see -- Maddon, Theo, Schwarber, Lester, Kasper -- maybe Ronnie Woo Woo will be in St. Louis next season! 😃
                I think this is the reason.
                (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post

- tebman

Comment

There you go - the Sox's big acquisition for this offseason!

It wouldn't surprise me. And if this was the case, of course he's not going to come out and say this. Wanting to "shift mediums" and wanting to call a World Series game is a good cover for that.

Comment

In the link VooDoo posted above, there is a link to another, earlier, story about Marquee and Sinclair that may shed some light. Sinclair mandated that all on-air male personnel wear shirt, tie and suit jackets while working. Not problem except that the booth at Wrigley is open air and it was in the mid 90's in July and August. Torture.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                        I wonder if Hahn will add this to the list he likes to recite of the actions the critics said the Sox would never take.

Comment

A tweet from Kaplan was not very complimentary regarding working at Marquee.

Attached Files

Comment

Please let's drop the Marquee discussion before it gets deeper. Obviously there are political ramifications of that decision and I really don't want to close this thread.
                            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Maybe now Jason Bennetti can stop saying "Gone!" and "Outta here!" after a Sox player hits a homer. Stick to "Bring him home".

Comment

Working...
                              X