Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Russa was charged with a DUI the day before he was hired

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ourt-docs-show

Sox were aware of it when they hired him.

Our front office is a ****show.

Comment

They have to fire him. Now.

Comment

Consequences really just aren't for some people, are they?

Comment

Fire him. Interview Bochy and Espada and Alomar. You haven’t hired his coaches yet, you haven’t introduced him to the players, and every contract has a clause that says you won’t embarrass the team.

A second offense for drunk driving is not something to tolerate.

Comment

Reifert said they knew about it when they hired him so I doubt they’ll be firing him.

Comment

For goodness sakes. Move on from this guy, please.

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                Reifert said they knew about it when they hired him so I doubt they’ll be firing him.
                They will be forced to. The PR backlash will be extreme, and deserved.

Comment

If they did know about this before hiring him then this is all on Jerry. And if they did know they sure as hell aren't going to fire him now. What an absolute embarrassment.

Comment

Any journalists want a quote from a lifelong White Sox fan, who was lukewarm on LaRussa before this news broke and now condemns the hire in the strongest possible terms? PM me.

Comment

Disgusting.

Comment

Misdemeanor DUI and considered a first time offender because the previous one was so long ago.

He did not hit anyone and remained on the scene. Sounds like it is time to fire up the stake and get him burning......

Comment

If true I agree he has to go. Once was a mistake, twice that we know of is a serious issue.
                          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Kobo View Post
                            If they did know about this before hiring him then this is all on Jerry. And if they did know they sure as hell aren't going to fire him now. What an absolute embarrassment.
                            Probably can't invoke any morals clause in the contract if they knew about the lapse before offering the contract. Tony's the lawyer (he is) not I.
                            Best reason Rick Hahn should be out of work? Statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                              Misdemeanor DUI and considered a first time offender because the previous one was so long ago.

He did not hit anyone and remained on the scene. Sounds like it is time to fire up the stake and get him burning......
                              You’re justifying a DUI as being ok?
                              Wow.

Comment

Working...
                              X