Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmio missed PK's grand slam

https://www.midwayminute.win/newslet...ies-grand-slam
    Fascinating read about how Ed Farmer didn't actually call Paul Konerko's World Series grand slam in real time. Fifteen years to the day, this comes out.

Well, I missed Podsednik's walk-off homer because I was in the bathroom (and specifically picked his at-bat for a bathroom break, since I figured there was zero chance of a homer), so I understand.
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
      Well, I missed Podsednik's walk-off homer because I was in the bathroom (and specifically picked his at-bat for a bathroom break, since I figured there was zero chance of a homer), so I understand.
      The more you think you know about baseball, the more the baseball Gods will surprise you.

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
        A nice thing about a DVR. You can pause it while you go to the can, and catch back up to live during commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by Nellie Fox View Post
          A nice thing about a DVR. You can pause it while you go to the can, and catch back up to live during commercials.
          In 2005, DVR was called “TiVo”

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

Yeah, I didn't know if TiVo existed yet by then.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

The Sony DHG-HDD250 was the most wonderful over-the-air DVR I ever owned. It was available in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post

The Sony DHG-HDD250 was the most wonderful over-the-air DVR I ever owned. It was available in 2005.
                That's awesome. I had something like this at the time. It wasn't HD though. I recorded all of the games when they replayed them in November 2005, then spent weeks editing out the commercials and burning them to DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Madvora View Post

That's awesome. I had something like this at the time. It wasn't HD though. I recorded all of the games when they replayed them in November 2005, then spent weeks editing out the commercials and burning them to DVDs.
                  I did same on my TIVO. The unit just conked out and I need a new DVD player. As you say, the TIVO couldn't be upgraded to play HD.
                  Best reason Rick Hahn should be out of work? Statistics.

Comment

I was in a college dorm in 2005, and not even the common areas of the dorm had any fancy DVR technology at that point. Maybe whatever mansion the university president lived in had one, and I'm not sure I would even bet on that.
                    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                    -- Thucydides

Comment

Know who else missed the Slam? Jack McDowell. I was at the game in a skybox and he was hanging out with us in the box. Shortly before PK came up, Black Jack stepped out to the restroom. He got back shortly after it happened. He laughed at his misfortune, after all, when you gotta go.......

Comment

Working...
                      X