Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCann, Grandal both finalists for the Gold Glove

https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-gold-glove-finalists
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

The linked story also has Danny Mendick as a GG finalist at 2B. Really. Moncada also a finalist at 3B. Still waiting on CF -- gotta believe Robert will be a finalist.
    Last edited by Chez; 10-22-2020, 03:06 PM.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
    All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
    Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post

The linked story also has Danny Mendick as a GG finalist at 2B. Really. Moncada also a finalist at 3B. Still waiting on CF -- gotta believe Robert will be a finalist.
      It's updated, Robert is a finalist. I'm surprised Abreu didn't make the cut.

Comment

I'm surprised that Robert actually leads in the defensive stats: I thought any of the series against Minnesota demonstrates that Buxton is a much more polished and high-skilled defender. I guess speed can compensate for a lot of things when you're young.
        "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
        -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
          I'm surprised that Robert actually leads in the defensive stats: I thought any of the series against Minnesota demonstrates that Buxton is a much more polished and high-skilled defender. I guess speed can compensate for a lot of things when you're young.
          Buxton was limited to 39 games this season due to injury, which likely factors in. Not as many games to accumulate things like DRS.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

It's updated, Robert is a finalist. I'm surprised Abreu didn't make the cut.
            He'll have to settle for that MVP.

Comment

Working...
            X