Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you framing your Giolito no-hitter tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you framing your Giolito no-hitter tickets?

My ticket to Gio's no-hitter arrived in the mail today. Amazingly, I sat in the same seat in Section 159 as I did for Buehrle's perfect game in 2009, what a coincidence!

I have no frame to put it in at the moment. How are folks displaying theirs? I can't be the only sucker who plopped down $27 for this.
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

I just got it in today's mail too! Very cool, indeed.

We have a room in our house full of Sox stuff: pictures, posters, dozens of baseball books, a cabinet full of bobbleheads. I tend to hang on to things that have a story.

I need to find a frame that's the right size so that the ticket doesn't get lost in the background. My son and I were lucky enough to be at Buehrle's perfecto in '89, and I've got my scorecard, ticket stub, and press clippings in a big frame. This ticket deserves a similar treatment, though maybe not quite so big since I wasn't there.
    - tebman

Comment

Originally posted by tebman View Post
      I just got it in today's mail too! Very cool, indeed.

We have a room in our house full of Sox stuff: pictures, posters, dozens of baseball books, a cabinet full of bobbleheads. I tend to hang on to things that have a story.

I need to find a frame that's the right size so that the ticket doesn't get lost in the background. My son and I were lucky enough to be at Buehrle's perfecto in '89, and I've got my scorecard, ticket stub, and press clippings in a big frame. This ticket deserves a similar treatment, though maybe not quite so big since I wasn't there.
      Mark Buehrle threw a perfect game when he was 10 years old, and you were there?

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

It would be really weird to see 10 year old Mark Buehrle pitch because he would be throwing all fastballs.
        "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
        -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

Yes Marty! We're going back! To the future!

Y'know, that number-8 key is so, so close to the zero key. You'd think they'd know how to make keyboards by now.

- tebman

Comment

I had this 8x10 frame on hand, which really brings out the silver trim on the tickets. I took a black piece of construction paper from my classroom to use as a background for the tickets, and this is the result. Iā€™m really happy with how it turned out!
            ā€‹The 2005 World Champion White Sox: Thanks for a lifetime of memories.

2019 Record: 5-6 Next Game: Who knows?!

šŸŒ“ā˜€Iā¤summer!šŸŒ“ā˜€

Comment

Originally posted by ChiSoxGirl View Post
              I had this 8x10 frame on hand, which really brings out the silver trim on the tickets. I took a black piece of construction paper from my classroom to use as a background for the tickets, and this is the result. Iā€™m really happy with how it turned out!
              Very nice!
              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
              X