*Official* Don Cooper Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* Don Cooper Appreciation Thread

Thought he deserved one. Thanks for 2005, Coop, and for making guys like Danks and Quintana into stars. See you down the road.

And this ends the longest run of the most overrrated coach in baseball history......good riddance to the cranky Don Cooper

Comment

There is no link to this alleged move in the RR thread and a Google search has zero news about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
        There is no link to this alleged move in the RR thread and a Google search has zero news about this.
        https://mobile.twitter.com/JRFegan/s...87235254190080

Fegan confirmed it. Also that Ozzie is not a candidate.

Comment

Thank you for Esteban Loaiza's 2003 season.
          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
          -- Thucydides

Comment

Thank you Don Cooper. You've fixed a lot of guys over the years, none more important than Jose Contreras and Jon Garland. We owe you much.

Comment

Swell, now he's gonna end up with the Cubs who will suddenly have a rotation that reminds us the 1970's Orioles. Sigh.

Comment

The game just passed Coop by. His obsession with making everyone throw a cutter was either amazing successes or total failure. When you read about Giolito needing to go outside the organization to find his renaissance, that told me all I needed to know.

Thanks for 2005, but that was 15 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post
                  The game just passed Coop by. His obsession with making everyone throw a cutter was either amazing successes or total failure. When you read about Giolito needing to go outside the organization to find his renaissance, that told me all I needed to know.

Thanks for 2005, but that was 15 years ago
                  Yea, I think it's time for a new voice in the organization. Coop had an amazing run of being able to turn guys like Esteban Loiaza and Matt Thornton around but that was a long time ago. He didn't seem to have much luck with guys like Lopez, Rodon or even Samardzija. With Cease and Kopech entering critical years of development, it's time to move on.

Comment

Herb Lawrence just tweeted that Coop is going to be on Mully and Haugh tomorrow at 8am.

Comment

Outlived his usefulness, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
                      Batting in the second position for the White Sox, number 2, the second baseman Nelson Fox.

Comment

God remember how awful Nardi Contreras was?
                        "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                        -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by LongLivetheBull View Post
                          And this ends the longest run of the most overrated coach in baseball history......good riddance to the cranky Don Cooper
                          I dunno - Leo Mazzone comes to mind 😀

Coop had a some successes, some failures - but with 2005 in the books, I'll always have a soft spot for him.

Comment

Too bad Chris Bosio's radioactive.
                            Best reason Rick Hahn should be out of work? Statistics.

Comment

I'm a Coop fan and I appreciate all that he did over his long tenure with the Sox. I also appreciate his occasional saltiness with the media and fans. Thanks, Coop and good luck in whatever comes next

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
                              All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
                              Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Working...
                              X