X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 10-1 That’s All, Folks OAK 6 SOX 4 Postmortem

Let’s vent our spleens here...

Great season. Not an ideal ending, but something to build on.

Comment

Well, that was a long 4 hour+ sad end to a fun season.

Comment

I actually never expected them to really complete until next year, and without the covid ****, in a regular season, they probably don't make the playoffs . Hope next season has some changes, starting with a new manager.

Comment

Don't win many games when you go 3-14 with RISP.

Comment

Didn't lie down anyway. Rodon should never take the mound for us again.
            Guys should want to come to the South Side now.

Comment

A very young and promising team just simply was not quite ready for the bigger stage. Great building season and very valuable experience gained with this late season and playoff run. Lots to build on.
              (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Fourth inning was the killer. 2-run homer and 2 bases-loaded walks.

Murphy's walk in the fifth didn't help either. Gave them 2 runs that inning.

3-for-14 with RISP. We had our chances to come back or extend the lead and left bases loaded too many times.

Fun season, but we were horrid down the stretch. Renteria can turn a bad team into a good one, but he can't turn a good one into a great one.
                I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Lots of blame to go around. Questions about the lineup in game 2 are valid, as are usage and pitching management. However, Ricky can't make his guys throw strikes, nor can he make them not swing at garbage in clutch situations (or not swing at pipeline fastballs). Management didn't help, but the player wilted.

Comment

The parties over lads. Was a fun run as usual with the headache and tums ending. Always seem to have us on the end of our seats only to toss the popcorn at the end Klu needs to find another way of soothing tonite.

BK59

Comment

Nothing worse than beating yourself with walks. Collapsed to lose the division and beat themselves in the playoffs. Not happy with this at all.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                        Great season. Not an ideal ending, but something to build on.
                        Exactly. Would have been nice to get to the next round, but still a solid season with a lot to be happy about. Hopefully next year is more like a normal season from a spring training and playing perspective and the Sox can build on this.

Foster, Heuer, Dunning, Madrigal, Robert, Eloy, Crochet (please be okay) are all bright spots to build on. Next year won't be as rushed or as unexpected. Hopefully the team can build on this and make the playoffs again.

From being a team set back by injuries to stomp their way into the playoffs the first year of the window is a good thing.

"Don't stop now, boys!"

"We'll be back to dancing next April."
                        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Didn't expect this to hurt quite as bad. Yes it could be the start of the window but with one more win we were going to the ALDS to play an extremely beatable opponent. If that's not having things line up for you then I'm not sure what is. This was the best matchup they could have asked for but now we just have to pray we live up to the expectations the next few years and that our players can stay healthy! They have not proven this.

Comment

This was not a championship level ball club, but this loss still hurts. I think the areas that need to be addressed are clear. I'm not sure whether or not Ricky is the right guy to lead this team. Personally, I'd love to see Alex Cora as manager.

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post
                              The parties over lads. Was a fun run as usual with the headache and tums ending. Always seem to have us on the end of our seats only to toss the popcorn at the end Klu needs to find another way of soothing tonite.

BK59
                              This is what happens when you have two starters and a hope and a prayer! It also doesn't help when you have a manager making mistakes at critical times.

Comment

Working...
                              X