*Official* 9/27 Bad Way to End Bad Week Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 9/27 Bad Way to End Bad Week Postgamer

Brutal end, but at least there's playoff baseball to look forward to.

We go to Oakland, and we should be able to hit around their starters.

Comment

Originally posted by A. Cavatica View Post
      We go to Oakland, and we should be able to hit around their starters.
      Chris Bassit is the hottest pitcher in baseball right now. He had a 0.34 ERA in September...

Comment

Should be good . Adam Engel needs to start in every game and Encarnacion needs a rest.

Comment

I'd assume all the advance scouting will be done through video, and I don't know who has the advantage in that, pitchers or hitters. I'm hoping Eloy DHs and Engel plays in left while Edwin sits, but who knows at this point.

Comment

On to Oakland. It's a brand new and very short season.
            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

At the end of the 7th inning today I was looking for a very short, 2-game postseason for the Sox, but now I am more encouraged. Now if only TA can get uncorked.

Four Sox Gold Gloves in 1960.
              One position player Gold Glove in the last 21 years.

Comment

Tough last 10 days. On the bright side, Adam Engel ended up with an .811 OPS. Yes, his at bats were limited, but when he played, he played well. And there weren't drastic split differentials either. He improved a lot last year, and took another jump this season.

Comment

Since there have been no games between the East/Central/West, nobody really knows if there’s a difference in quality between the Central and the West. Clearly the Sox are right there with the Twins and Indians based on record and run differential, and those three put up strong records despite fighting each other and four playoff teams in the NL Central.

The A’s had a fairly easy time of it with the hollowed-out husk of the Astros, the dysfunctional Angels, and the weak Mariners and Rangers. They did have to play the Dodgers and Padres a few times, but the rest of the NL West wasn’t good. So maybe their record is even more of an illusion than we think the Sox’ is.

Comment

Originally posted by FourGoldGloves View Post
                    At the end of the 7th inning today I was looking for a very short, 2-game postseason for the Sox, but now I am more encouraged. Now if only TA can get uncorked.
                    Gee he had great hand/eye coordination not so long ago. Now his head's coming off the ball and he needs a quick fix. Some of the other stragglers are showing good signs but we need ya Tim.
                    Best reason Rick Hahn should be out of work? Statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by berwyn View Post

Gee he had great hand/eye coordination not so long ago. Now his head's coming off the ball and he needs a quick fix. Some of the other stragglers are showing good signs but we need ya Tim.
                      He gets the day off tomorrow. Last time he got a day off he came out and hit 2 HRs the next day

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

He gets the day off tomorrow. Last time he got a day off he came out and hit 2 HRs the next day
                        Id call it a travel day.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                          Brutal end, but at least there's playoff baseball to look forward to.
                          I almost want to go bullpen day for the first game, then follow with Giolito Keuchel for games 2 and 3.

Comment

Originally posted by vegandork View Post

I almost want to go bullpen day for the first game, then follow with Giolito Keuchel for games 2 and 3.
                            Nope, win the first two and forget the game 3.

Comment

Working...
                            X