*Official* 9/26 Back in the Win Column Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 9/26 Back in the Win Column Postgamer

Nice to get a little positive momentum headed towards the playoffs.

Slug again tomorrow, ride Giolito and Keuchel as hard as possible in Games 1 and 2, and let the chips fall where they may.

Whatever happens, just no corpseball tomorrow.

Comment

Who’s excited to have Ricky back in the dugout?

Certainly not me.

Comment

What a difference 24 hours make. I remember this team! A bullpen of Crochet, Marshall, Heuer, Bummer and Colome will play nicely in the playoffs.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
        All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
        Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Really nice to see our fully loaded, healthy bullpen in action- I like our chances with Foster, Crochet, Bummer, Marshall and Colome- along with Heuer and Rodon.

Comment

Jose Abreu is the MVP, period. Nice to see other guys get going a bit too. Mazara and Robert both had solid nights though not sure why Robert keeps swinging through center cut 95 MPH fastballs. One of these days he'll run into one and that will probably break the dam.

Moncada showing off power and wheels. Need to get TA going again and the offense might be back on track.

Heck of a night for the bullpen and great to see Crochet go 2.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by TomBradley72 View Post
              Really nice to see our fully loaded, healthy bullpen in action- I like our chances with Foster, Crochet, Bummer, Marshall and Colome- along with Heuer and Rodon.
              Including Rodon in that group is an insult to the others. He has contributed nothing this year. It would be hubris to put him on the postseason roster.

Comment

I don't know. I just skipped this one completely tonight. I don't feel anything for this team right now. Last night was the last straw for me.
                I remember feeling this way in 2008, where I was just sick of this team disappointing me and I had no excitement going into the playoffs. The difference here is that it didn't happen until the final week. It just happened in such a devastating way that I'm not sure I can recover.

Comment

Crochet is the only person this season to throw 20 pitches faster than 99.5 mph in a game this season.

He’s already a regular on Rob Friedman’s (@pitchingninja) Twitter Page.

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                    Crochet is the only person this season to throw 20 pitches faster than 99.5 mph in a game this season.

He’s already a regular on Rob Friedman’s (@pitchingninja) Twitter Page.
                    As Stoney told you, he's a short-arming lefty who hides the ball so it looks faster than 100. If he tweaked his motion some, I think he could throw faster. But don't try it, thank you.

Mazara and Moncada showing signs, just in time? Betcha a lemon cookie Mazara is back in 2021. I wouldn't bet on Eloy as a playoff LF. Foot sprains are tough to shake off. DH has an open spot, IMO. Betcha on that too. Auto-out in the middle of the order, seen enough of EE. Easy decision for RR.
                    Best reason Rick Hahn should be out of work? Statistics.

Comment

I don't know about that. Yes, DH is Eloy's natural position. But putting him there means Engel plays over Encarnacion, and if Ricky wouldn't play Engel over Mazara then Ricky will resist it. I fully expect some genius idea like Mazara in left and Dyson in right.

Comment

Originally posted by A. Cavatica View Post
                        I don't know about that. Yes, DH is Eloy's natural position. But putting him there means Engel plays over Encarnacion, and if Ricky wouldn't play Engel over Mazara then Ricky will resist it. I fully expect some genius idea like Mazara in left and Dyson in right.
                        It'll be interesting to see if either of us is right. For keeps games with .161 batting 5th? It's the playoffs and the stiff has had enough chances. How long have the Sox been bringing in hitting reputation guys who have bombed? Seems like forever. What year was Cory Snyder?
                        Best reason Rick Hahn should be out of work? Statistics.

Comment

Edwin had the whole season to get hot. If Eloy needs to DH, you play Engel and don’t think twice. I really wanted to see him find his stroke. Pinch hitter or third catcher? I’m not convinced Collins couldn’t give us better ABs, so EE better get on his game.

Comment

McCann has to catch Giolito in Game 1. There is no way to justify anything otherwise. That puts Grandal at either 1B or DH.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohoney View Post
                              McCann has to catch Giolito in Game 1. There is no way to justify anything otherwise. That puts Grandal at either 1B or DH.
                              Yeah, and most likely 1B with Abreu as DH so we don't lose the DH if McCann has to leave.

Comment

Working...
                              X