Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/21 Game 1 vs Cleveland

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 9/21 Game 1 vs Cleveland

    Standard 9 behind Dunning.

    Anderson - SS
    Moncada - 3B
    Grandal - C
    Abreu - 1B
    Jimenez - LF
    Encarnacion - DH
    Robert - CF
    Mazara - RF
    Madrigal - 2B

    Cleveland sends Aaron Civale to the mound game 1

  • #2
    Probably the best pitching matchup for us in the series?

    Nice to see EE and Madrigal down in the lineup, RR is listening to Mohoney finally.
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jcw218 View Post
      Standard 9 behind Dunning.

      Anderson - SS
      Moncada - 3B
      Grandal - C
      Abreu - 1B
      Jimenez - LF
      Encarnacion - DH
      Robert - CF
      Mazara - RF
      Madrigal - 2B

      Cleveland sends Aaron Civale to the mound game 1
      It’s so stupid that Luis Robert is cemented to that #7 spot. If I’m on the mound, I’m throwing him nothing but sliders in the dirt and going full-throttle at the toothless protection backing him up.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
        Probably the best pitching matchup for us in the series?

        Nice to see EE and Madrigal down in the lineup, RR is listening to Mohoney finally.
        Yeah if we have any chance of winning this series, we have to win today. Even the Giolito matchup is tough, as Pleasac has both been better than him this year and has pitched us particularly well. Keuchel's matchup is a bit more even than today's.

        Tomorrow's Lopez - Bieber matchup is must miss TV.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vegandork View Post

          Yeah if we have any chance of winning this series, we have to win today. Even the Giolito matchup is tough, as Pleasac has both been better than him this year and has pitched us particularly well. Keuchel's matchup is a bit more even than today's.

          Tomorrow's Lopez - Bieber matchup is must miss TV.
          The Sox actually fared the best offensively against Bieber of all of his starts this season with a 6 inning 3 run line. The Indians failed to score more than 3 runs for 6 of his 11 starts. You actually have to play the games not just look at stats and rely on your bias.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's hardly bias to say that Bieber (who may win both the Cy Young and the MVP this year) is better than Lopez. You're right though, odd things happen sometimes when you actually play the game.
            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
            -- Thucydides

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post

              The Sox actually fared the best offensively against Bieber of all of his starts this season with a 6 inning 3 run line. The Indians failed to score more than 3 runs for 6 of his 11 starts. You actually have to play the games not just look at stats and rely on your bias.
              I'd wager the odds of scoring 3 runs against Bieber twice in this season are not very good, considering how ridiculously dominant he's been outside of that one start (imagine 3 runs in six innings with 8 K's and a no decision being your worst start of the year).
              Last edited by vegandork; 09-21-2020, 03:35 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by vegandork View Post

                I'd wager the odds of scoring 3 runs against Bieber twice in this season are not very good, considering how ridiculously dominant he's been outside of that one start (imagine 3 runs in six innings with 8 K's and a no decision being your worst start of the year).
                Bieber is obviously great, and the Sox will be underdogs. My point is that Indians have a bad offense and it isn't hard to imagine getting 3 runs in 9 innings vs Bieber/relievers. The Sox are one of the best teams in baseball this year, it's not "must miss TV".

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post

                  Bieber is obviously great, and the Sox will be underdogs. My point is that Indians have a bad offense and it isn't hard to imagine getting 3 runs in 9 innings vs Bieber/relievers. The Sox are one of the best teams in baseball this year, it's not "must miss TV".
                  I look at Lopez's hard hit rates for the last two games, and I'm certain that the results were a mirage and he's still the worst pitcher in baseball. So for me, it's a matchup of the worst pitcher in baseball and the best pitcher in baseball. Any game you have a chance...but let's be real about this one.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I find the way Grandal calls a game to be baffling.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is not good.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Weirdly, I take solace in the fact that since the Sox offense is so lost right now, it doesn't really matter how many runs these guys give up. I'm not gonna waste any time getting mad at them for giving up 7 rather than 5 runs last night, or at Dunning for giving up a 3 rather than 2 run blast.
                        "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                        -- Thucydides

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Need to find a way to McCann more playing time, and wouldn't mind seeing Engel getting some starts over Mazara.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Big hit by Jose !!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              TIE Game. ELOY!!!!!!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X