Draft Day 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Day 2022

Happy draft day! 7eastern seems a little later than normal, yea?

Anyways, here’s to best player available, hoping it’s an arm.

Sox may have their choice of all the college arms with their turn. Not saying it's prudent or likely, but scouting better take a long hard look at these arms and be sure they aren't passing on a rotation piece.

Comment

The Rangers with the first shocker taking Rocker at 3. I didn’t see a mock with him going higher than the Angels at 13.
      Last edited by MrX; 07-17-2022, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Well, scratch what I said. Good news is that these reaches on pitchers are driving down a few of these very advanced, very good college bats. More prepsters are certainly welcome, but a good 21 year old bat could change plans.

Comment

Noah Schultz from Oswego High School. LHP, probably a Sox fan since he is from the Southland.

Comment

6'9" who hasn't pitched a ton. Big reach on him according to every ranking I can find, but I can respect a swing for the fences this late.

Comment

I guess the thinking is he has more velocity on his frame not only from future projectability, but because he missed the first couple months to mono which, as everyone knows, saps guys physically.

Comment

Big reach. Local product. Shocked to see him go this high. Wonder if there is someone they want to target in round 2 if this is an Underslot pick

Comment

Originally posted by Krs1 View Post
                  I guess the thinking is he has more velocity on his frame not only from future projectability, but because he missed the first couple months to mono which, as everyone knows, saps guys physically.
                  Having the third smallest draft money might have factored into the Sox thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post

Having the third smallest draft money might have factored into the Sox thinking.
                    Absolutely.

Comment

I actually retract what I said. I think it’s going to take the full slot to sign him away from his Vanderbilt commitment

Comment

White Sox take Oswego East LHP Noah Schultz in 1st round (audacy.com)

"His biggest weapon is an upper-70s slider that’s “nearly impossible for lefties to track because of the angle he presents,” according to his MLB.com scouting report, which also praised his athleticism and body control for a youngster of his size."

Maybe they drafted him to pitch to Sheets so he can learn how to his lefties?

Comment

Merkin tweeted that Schultz said he’s passing on Vanderbilt and will sign with the Sox.

Comment

Going to be curious what it took to sign Schultz. Cool to see 2 high school players go in round 1 from Illinois.

Comment

I have this pipe dream that we take Brock porter here and then do our usual punt other rounds but I don’t know that he’s going to be able to be signed away from Clemson

Comment

Working...
                              X