Hansen retires...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hansen retires...

Former Sox second round pick Alec Hansen announced his retirement.

The 6-8 pitcher who led the minor leagues in strikeouts one year never could harness his control especially after a "forearm injury."

That’s really a shame.

Why did you put “forearm injury” in quotes, Lip?

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
      That’s really a shame.

Why did you put “forearm injury” in quotes, Lip?
      Because of the vague nature of it especially when the Sox try to give an explanation. I don't remember if they tried to fix it without surgery with him or if he had something done. I've found that seemingly every time a pitcher has a forearm injury or forearm soreness it results in UCL surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

Because of the vague nature of it especially when the Sox try to give an explanation. I don't remember if they tried to fix it without surgery with him or if he had something done. I've found that seemingly every time a pitcher has a forearm injury or forearm soreness it results in UCL surgery.
        That's your memory playing tricks on you. Lots of guys get forearm strains and never need surgery, just rest and rehab.
        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

That's your memory playing tricks on you. Lots of guys get forearm strains and never need surgery, just rest and rehab.
          I'd be curious to know a percentage that don't (if that stat is even kept) and how many are effective not having UCL surgery as opposed to those that do.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

I'd be curious to know a percentage that don't (if that stat is even kept) and how many are effective not having UCL surgery as opposed to those that do.
            Couple of Sox pitchers had forearm strains the last year or so and did not need surgery to pitch again. No I don't recall the specifics.
            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

Couple of Sox pitchers had forearm strains the last year or so and did not need surgery to pitch again. No I don't recall the specifics.
              Well of the top of my head Dane Dunning sitting out/resting/conditioning didn't do a thing for him.

Comment

Working...
              X