Jim Callis on The Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Callis on The Score

Jim Callis was on 670 The Score radio giving his views of the Cubs and Sox prospects. His comments on Yoelqui Cespedes (our rated #2 prospect) where not overwhelming. He basically hasn’t hit well. However, Jose Rodriguez has looked solid. Also, he said Yolbert Sanchez is a guy who maybe “flying under the radar”. Callis also commented on Micker Adolfo and Number #1 pick Montgomery. Obvious, Colson hasn’t been around much.

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    Jim Callis was on 670 The Score radio giving his views of the Cubs and Sox prospects. His comments on Yoelqui Cespedes (our rated #2 prospect) where not overwhelming. He basically hasn’t hit well. However, Jose Rodriguez has looked solid. Also, he said Yolbert Sanchez is a guy who maybe “flying under the radar”. Callis also commented on Micker Adolfo and Number #1 pick Montgomery. Obvious, Colson hasn’t been around much.
    Cespedes hit okay, but not for much power. We'll know more next year when he's more settled. This year was a whirlwind of change for him. Hopefully with a full off season under his belt and not having to upend his whole life he'll produce better.

Other two guys are definitely players to keep an eye on. One of them might end up as a long term solution at 2B.
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

I don't put much stock in prognosticators' assessments about raw prospects. They don't want to look like lackeys for the team by praising all prospects and by sprinkling in negatives, it increases their audience (ratings). Time will tell how these guys turn out.

Comment

I wonder if Callis is the guy TLR is talking about in this long story on Cespedes in the Sun-Times today:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-s...-white-sox-say

Comment

There is no doubt predicting the future of prospects is a crapshoot. Yes, you can make an educated guess, but I always remember a statement by someone (I forget who), who said that he has a book filled with names of "can't miss" kids who are no longer in the game. Time will tell.

Comment

These guys played their first full seasons in two years, hard to say how things shake out for anyone.

Comment

Yoelkis has not shown much at all this season. If I had to guess, he's on the path to being a 4th/5th type. The future of the outfield rests on the very broad shoulders of Oscar Colas and that's a good thing. The farm system is quite barren at this particular juncture, but can be brought back to a middling level in the next year or two with some patience.

Comment

Originally posted by rdivaldi View Post
                Yoelkis has not shown much at all this season. If I had to guess, he's on the path to being a 4th/5th type. The future of the outfield rests on the very broad shoulders of Oscar Colas and that's a good thing. The farm system is quite barren at this particular juncture, but can be brought back to a middling level in the next year or two with some patience.
                Probably but we won’t really know about Cespedes until next year. Good news he’s not striking out a lot so he may start to see more results.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                  Probably but we won’t really know about Cespedes until next year. Good news he’s not striking out a lot so he may start to see more results.
                  He's been over-matched in Arizona, 19 Ks in 65 PAs with no power to speak of. I'm hoping for a jump next year, but not optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by rdivaldi View Post

He's been over-matched in Arizona, 19 Ks in 65 PAs with no power to speak of. I'm hoping for a jump next year, but not optimistic.
                    Oh admit I haven't been paying attention to AFL.

Comment

Working...
                    X