Arizona Fall League- Cespedes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Fall League- Cespedes

I Saw Youlqui Cespedes play center field today in the Arizona Fall League. He got one hit and was HBP twice.
    He's a pretty short guy, but muscular and runs pretty well. It seemed he had a decent arm but was never really challenged so it was hard to tell how good he throws.

AFL is cool......$9 to get in. $7..... 55+ and you can sit anywhere you want. I sat right next to Glendale dugout; Cespedes threw me a ball because I had a Southside shirt and Sox hat on.

Danny Faroqhuor (not sure of spelling sorry) is the pitching coach. I spoke to him for awhile. Really friendly guy. He said he was at Sunday's playoff game and talked up the atmosphere there.

We'll have to keep an eye on Cespedes. We need a right fielder, but not sure if he's ready yet.

Originally posted by Luis11 View Post
    I Saw Youlqui Cespedes play center field today in the Arizona Fall League. He got one hit and was HBP twice.
    He's a pretty short guy, but muscular and runs pretty well. It seemed he had a decent arm but was never really challenged so it was hard to tell how good he throws.

AFL is cool......$9 to get in. $7..... 55+ and you can sit anywhere you want. I sat right next to Glendale dugout; Cespedes threw me a ball because I had a Southside shirt and Sox hat on.

Danny Faroqhuor (not sure of spelling sorry) is the pitching coach. I spoke to him for awhile. Really friendly guy. He said he was at Sunday's playoff game and talked up the atmosphere there.

We'll have to keep an eye on Cespedes. We need a right fielder, but not sure if he's ready yet.

Question. Where was he hit and does he hit close to the plate?

Comment

We all wish Cespedes well obviously. If he can get his K rate down and keep hitting dingers, he could be a big boost to the team.
      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
      -- Thucydides

Comment

Working...
      X