No announcement yet.

Sox draft pick signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bailey Horn signed per Jim Callis for $150K. That’s well below slot which was $386K.

The entire class is now signed.

Comment

Originally posted by vegandork View Post

It'll depend on who's making the list between Vaughn and him. I wasn't considering guys that are going to play this year. Crochet...splits a LOT of scouts. Because a good number of them consider him a lock to be a reliever, he's likely to suffer in the ratings.
      Kelley is a scout splitter as well. Some of the analysts were down on him based on his track man data and some rumors he started senior year out of shape. Time will tell but I’m pumped about this

Comment

Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post
        Kelley is a scout splitter as well. Some of the analysts were down on him based on his track man data and some rumors he started senior year out of shape. Time will tell but I’m pumped about this
        The biggest complaint I see consistently is that his body has already filled out, and there isn't going to be a lot of room for his physical skills to grow because of it.

I look at Kelley, what he has already, and how he throws and I see Pedro Martinez with that excellent fastball and an even more excellent changeup. Teach him literally any breaking ball or a cut fastball and he's going to dominate on the strength of those first two pitches.

Comment

I think it’s pretty much a slam-dunk that the White Sox had the best 2020 draft in the majors. Now the pitching focus shifts from long-term to short-term.

Comment

On a guy like Kelley being physically maxed out, but I love seeing guys with his young frame put into a professional training regimen. Pros are getting so much better physically that it’s almost impossible to see an 18 year old as maxed out, anymore. Getz will prove his worth with this next class and how they develop with all this off time.

Comment

Working...
            X