Sox top 32 prospects from FanGraphs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sox top 32 prospects from FanGraphs

Good stuff from Eric Longenhagen on the Sox top 32 prospects, under the caveat that he hasn’t seen a bunch of these guys in more than a year. As expected up top, and he has good things to say about Vaughn, Kopech, and Madrigal. I’m not sure if it’s a good or bad thing that Benyamin Bailey and some SS I’ve never heard of (Jose Rodriguez) make the top 10.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/top-32-p...ago-white-sox/

Their skepticism of Jake Burger is warranted but I'm probably going to watch him more closely than any prospect on this list. Other than the top 3 I think he legitimately has the highest ceiling out of this group.

I remember being excited for Gavin Sheets but he's almost 25 and still hasn't shown real, consistent power. FG's take on him is he's probably hit his ceiling at this point. They might be right.

Comment

Originally posted by blurry View Post
      Their skepticism of Jake Burger is warranted but I'm probably going to watch him more closely than any prospect on this list. Other than the top 3 I think he legitimately has the highest ceiling out of this group.

I remember being excited for Gavin Sheets but he's almost 25 and still hasn't shown real, consistent power. FG's take on him is he's probably hit his ceiling at this point. They might be right.
      Yeah, I want to see how Burger does as well. It’s not like Burger was a power-only, high-whiff bat when he was drafted; the guy made loads of solid contact, and he actually walked more than he struck out in his last season at Missouri State.

Comment

I honestly don't know what people see in Micker. Huge guy, huger swing.

Comment

Working...
        X